Experimental TsReader development (9 Viewers)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Tony, i've been experiencing some issues with v0.0.56a. TsWriter reports 4 continuity errors (most likely caused by high CPU load @ that moment), which resulted in - A/V buffers in TsReader log. Normally i would have a bit of stuttering on the client side and then playback would resume normally. With this latest TsReader it results in a A/V desync :( a skipstep back + forward fixes it. I also noticed a few continuity errors in TsWriter on channel tune in (which also resulted in A/V desync).

Not sure if there is something you can do about it, but since (i think...) v55 was running in sync after a bit of stuttering, i've attached logs

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Tony, i've been experiencing some issues with v0.0.56a. TsWriter reports 4 continuity errors (most likely caused by high CPU load @ that moment), which resulted in - A/V buffers in TsReader log. Normally i would have a bit of stuttering on the client side and then playback would resume normally. With this latest TsReader it results in a A/V desync :( a skipstep back + forward fixes it. I also noticed a few continuity errors in TsWriter on channel tune in (which also resulted in A/V desync).

Not sure if there is something you can do about it, but since (i think...) v55 was running in sync after a bit of stuttering, i've attached logs

The changes between v55 and v56a are very small (and nothing to do with any A/V sync handling) so can you try it again with v55 ?

Was the audio late or early after the glitch ?

Tony

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The changes between v55 and v56a are very small (and nothing to do with any A/V sync handling) so can you try it again with v55 ?

Was the audio late or early after the glitch ?

Tony

If i recall correct, the audio was late (but, its more of a guess than a fact...)

I might have been a bit too early with this reporting, because i seemed to have an corrupted dB also. Maybe that resulted in some strange behaviour.
    I'm running v56c now and that seems good so far. If i'll experience the same problem again, i'll collect the logs again and let ya know.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Please be careful with the binaries from Git - they can be 'work in progress' versions, so they may have bugs or undesirable features.....remember this is an experimental Git branch....;)

Tony

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    noStopMod57 added -> here <-

Tony

Hi Tony,

With this version, MP stop working after 30 seconds ... I test with a HD channel.

I back to v55, and it's good.

By

EDIt : MP 1.2.0

Can you attach some logs for v57 please ?

Which codecs are you using ?

Tony

titof

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Added log.rar and a screenshot of codecs for TV.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
      Capture.PNG
      53.8 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom