Experimental TsReader development (3 Viewers)

cfforce

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    v32 is much better, but again when i zap, i hear / see 1-5 stutters, and then runs fine. It also occures when i change the audio stream from MPEG2 to AC3.
    Also tested to remove smartcard module; and looked if picture comes back, and it does, same as v29 did, also again here with some start stutters.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    v32 is much better, but again when i zap, i hear / see 1-5 stutters, and then runs fine. It also occures when i change the audio stream from MPEG2 to AC3.
    Also tested to remove smartcard module; and looked if picture comes back, and it does, same as v29 did, also again here with some start stutters.

OK, so the 'continous' stuttering is gone - good :)

I'll try building a version which buffers a bit more data before it starts playing, combined with lower audio decode/renderer buffering.

This should (in theory) stop most of the stutters at the beginning, but it might make the channel change time a bit longer (there is a balance problem between conflicting requirements for fast zapping and having enough buffering in the filter graph)

Tony

cfforce

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Edit:, what i noticed that with version29, i get one time [d9c]Elapsed time from pause to Audio/Video ( total zapping time )... when i change channel, but with v32, i get one time: [d9c]Elapsed time from pause to Audio/Video ( total zapping time ), then some:

25-11-2011 14:24:27.962 [d68]CTsReaderFilter::Run(11545.06) state 1 seeking 0
    25-11-2011 14:24:27.996 [d68]Elapsed time from pause to Audio/Video ( total zapping time ) : 243 mS
    25-11-2011 14:24:28.005 [d68]CTsReaderFilter::Run(11545.06) state 2 -->done

in between the zaps..

Also if i can believe the logs, the total zapping time of v29 compared to v32 are atm (over 4 HD channels, repeated, and averaged):
    V29: 2421ms
    V32: 2106ms

Still atm. v29 is super smooth, and no stutters (not noticable tho).

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'll try building a version which buffers a bit more data before it starts playing, combined with lower audio decode/renderer buffering.

This should (in theory) stop most of the stutters at the beginning, but it might make the channel change time a bit longer (there is a balance problem between conflicting requirements for fast zapping and having enough buffering in the filter graph)

Tony

noStopMod33 added -> here <-

Tony

IanJ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland

Tony

noStopMod33 added -> here <-

Tony

Hi,

Channel changing is indeed slower, I get audio pretty fast, but video seems to take a while.
    Glitching much reduced (I was randomly getting 2, 3 or 4 with V32) but I still get a single glitch between 2 and 4 seconds in with V33.

Ian.

cfforce

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Version 33, is much better, of the 10 zaps; i get 3 channels wich have 1-2 stutter @ start, going to test longer.

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    hello!

v33 workin fine here, zapping as fast as default tsreader (maybe little bit faster). No problem or stutter so far.

Running UNC path and Argus server.
    /tomas

edit: only sd channels

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom