Expressions/Rules requests (3 Viewers)

Vampiro

Portal Pro
January 29, 2008
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
I would like to have a simple Parsing Expression that allow me to import episodes with a simple designation like: Heroes.1.2 - Heroes is the series name; number 1 the season number; number 2 the episode number.
Is that possible?
Thanks in advance...

NewUser

Portal Pro
January 8, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hello a hopefully easy one. How do I have double episodes with the name of e.g.
Heroes - 1x01-02 - Pilot

Currently it seems the default for double episode is Heroes - S01E01-02 - Pilot.

Thanks.

JonJon

Portal Member
April 30, 2007
Home Country
Vamprio try <series>.<season>.<episode>.<ext>

NewUser try <series> - <season>x<episode>-<episode2> - <title>.<ext>

Cuahtemoc

March 24, 2008
Home Country
Anybody got a parser for this format ?
My TV eps are all saved using the following format:
<series>\<series>.S<season>E<episode>.<title>

An example is - Battlestar Galactica, Series 1, Episode 5, Title "You Can't Go Home Again"

Z:\\Battlestar Galactica\Battlestar Galactica.S01E05.You Can't Go Home Again

Anybody got a parser that works for this format ?

2 part eps are handled as follows :

Battlestar Galactica.S02E06.Home (Pt. 1)
Battlestar Galactica.S02E07.Home (Pt. 2)

EDIT: Nevermind, found it easier to rename my files so the existing regular expressions worked.

z3us

Portal Pro
December 4, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
Ok, i obviously am not as bright as i thought i was! lol. I am trying to make a logo rule to differentiate episodes backed up to DVD as apposed to eps that are actually on my server. For all episodes that are backed up, i created a standard little avi that says "Please insert relevant TVDVD" and then renamed them with the actual episode names so that My-Tvseries shows what is backed up to DVD in the normal menus. Whats the easiest way to get mytvseries to show a logo for these files? Should i edit the file names and put DVD in them? What would be the logo rule for that then? Any suggestions / advice would be appreciated.

Would it be possible to show the "DVD" logo if the file path starts with e:\ (my DVD unit)???
TY

NP: I found it

djburt

April 10, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Need some help with podcasts...

The major thing with the podcasts that I watch is that there is no "Season"... they are just numbered sequential in order of release. Example: 0001 - 9999.

I want to be able to parse them to Season 1, Episode 1-9999; but can't for the life of me find or edit an expression.

Here are the sample filenames.

T:\Diggnation\diggnation--0141--2008-03-13latenight--hd.h264.mov
T:\Diggnation\diggnation--0142--2008-03-20hamsters--hd.h264.mov
T:\Diggnation\diggnation--0143--2008-03-27foxnews--hd.h264.mov
T:\Diggnation\diggnation--0144--amsterdamnation2--hd.h264.mov
T:\The Totally Rad Show\trs--0053--littlechc--hd.h264.mov
T:\The Totally Rad Show\trs--0054--ninja--hd.h264.mov
T:\The Totally Rad Show\trs--0055--heher--hd.h264.mov

Right now, Diggnation parses out to Season 1 Episode 41-44 and The Totally Rad Show parses out to Season 0 Episodes 53-55.

From what I understand, it's picking up the last two digits for Episode Number and the First two digits for Season Number.

I've tried to adjust this be adding another /d for additional digit, but then it throws everything else out of wack and I'm still left with the problem of Season 0.

I don't mind dumping them into a Season 1 folder, but I've tried the different sample parses and they still don't match up too much of what I'm trying to accomplish... Any help would be appreciated.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Easiest is to:
    Create a string replacement for each such podcast you have, mark as run before.
    replace: diggnation--
    with: diggnation--1x

then create a simple parsing expression: <series>--<season>x<episode>--<title>.<ext>.
    Note that after the string replacement the default expressions might already pick some of them up depending on their exact format, but might get the ep numbers wrong, so make sure you're new expression is prioritized higher.

djburt

April 10, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Easiest is to:
    Create a string replacement for each such podcast you have, mark as run before.
    replace: diggnation--
    with: diggnation--1x

then create a simple parsing expression: <series>--<season>x<episode>--<title>.<ext>.
    Note that after the string replacement the default expressions might already pick some of them up depending on their exact format, but might get the ep numbers wrong, so make sure you're new expression is prioritized higher.

Thanks Inker!:D

That was extremely elegant and simplistic. It looks like I over thought the whole process and was trying to do reg exp when all I needed was the string replacement + simple exp.

Salem

Portal Pro
    March 10, 2008
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Expression Request

Hi, Can someone help me with an expression for me?

My files are generally saves a follows

Series\Series - Season <season number> - Episode <episode number> (<episode title>)

However, in some cases there is no "episode title", which means it looks like this

Series\Series - Season <season number> - Episode <episode number>

Or there's no "Season number", but an "episode number"...

Series\Series - Episode <episode number>

etc.

Is it possible to have just one Parsing Expression that will allow for the various possibilities mentioned above? I'm guessing it'd need to be a regexp one and not a simple expression to allow for the flexibility i require.

WOuld someone be able to help me with a Parsing Expression for the scenario's mentioned above?

Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom