Expressions/Rules requests (4 Viewers)

ScoopD

Portal Member
April 24, 2007
Melbourne
Home Country
An entry like that will certainly be deleted as its duplicat, so you shouldnt rely on it. In fact, Scoop you should report the duplicate over at their forums.

The point is, don't rely and certainly don't create duplicate shows to suit you'r needs!

Part of the problem with Anime is that they are not shown in seasons. There are currently 5 different entries for One Piece on thetvdb and the one mentioned above is probably the best because, for a start, it is complete. Two of the others ("One Piece" & "One Piece (Japan)") are very incomplete - much less than half the episodes listed. The other two ("One Piece (Arcs)" & "One Piece (Sagas)") have split the episodes into series that seem to be up for interpretation.

Probably a discussion for the forums on thetvdb but perhaps the three complete listings could get merged into absolute order, DVD order and Aired order - but which one would be which? I certainly don't care as it is not a show I watch.

mad_cow

Portal Member
February 5, 2008
Hi, I have several files named like:

e7-numb3rs.s04e16.720p-x264, where e7- is the release group.

Is there a way to get this to recognised correctly in MyTVseries without needing to rename the files?

pgjensen

Portal Pro
May 1, 2008
I have problems with mini-series

they are named <series>.Part1.junktext-blah

I'd like to figure out regex to make it think it's s01?

spuck

Community Skin Designer
April 6, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
How about just using string replacement? Replace "part1" with "101" before import.. Could work. :p

pgjensen

Portal Pro
May 1, 2008
<series>\S<season>\filename.ext

for filename ... all i want to get it from it is the episode and pull titles from the online db! so how could i do that the easiest way?

possible filenames:

group-mk101.avi
show.name.s01e03.720p.hdtv.x264-group.mkv
show.name.1x03.pdtv.xvid-group.mkv

i was thinking get the first set of numbers... if it's 3+ numbers, take the last 2 as <episode>
if it is e{2}, take that
if it's x{2}, take that

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    <series>\S<season>\filename.ext

for filename ... all i want to get it from it is the episode and pull titles from the online db! so how could i do that the easiest way?

possible filenames:

group-mk101.avi
    show.name.s01e03.720p.hdtv.x264-group.mkv
    show.name.1x03.pdtv.xvid-group.mkv

i was thinking get the first set of numbers... if it's 3+ numbers, take the last 2 as <episode>
    if it is e{2}, take that
    if it's x{2}, take that

the last two examples should be parsed by default without a problem, for the group-whatever101 thingy the easiest is to add a string replacement for group- with <empty> so its being ignored (e7 is a candidate for this, luckily not many groups name their files in this stupid manner).

pgjensen

Portal Pro
    May 1, 2008
    Code:
    ^(?<series>[^\\$]+?)\\.*?(?:S(?<season>[0-2]?\d).*\\).*(?:e(?<episode>\d\d?)|((?:[0-2]\d|(?<!\d)\d))x?(?<episode>\d\d))(?!\d)(?:[ .-]?(?:s\k<season>e?(?<episode2>\d{2}(?!\d))|\k<season>x?(?<episode2>\d{2}(?!\d))|(?<episode2>\d\d(?!\d))|E(?<episode2>\d\d))|)[ -.]*(?:[^\\]*?[^\\]*?)\.(?<ext>[^.]*)$

I used a great program called Expresso to help with the above...

As long as you have Show.Name\BLAHS<season>BLAH\skljfkldjsfd{e,x,#}<episode>{1,2}.<ext> my expression will work.

This includes ignoring weird filenames like tpz-blah101.avi ... it will just get the 01 for the episode and already have the series from the first dir and season from the 2nd dir.

i enabled the other expression bundled as a backup in case i had a dir of documentaries or something that were all random ... most of those have to be added manually anyways though :)

bundled one:
    Code:
    ^.*?\\?(?<series>[^\\$]+?)(?:s(?<season>[0-2]?\d)e(?<episode>\d\d)|(?<season>(?:[0-2]\d|(?<!\d)\d))x?(?<episode>\d\d))(?!\d)(?:[ .-]?(?:s\k<season>e?(?<episode2>\d{2}(?!\d))|\k<season>x?(?<episode2>\d{2}(?!\d))|(?<episode2>\d\d(?!\d))|E(?<episode2>\d\d))|)[ -.]*([^\\]*?[^\\]*?)\.(?<ext>[^.]*)$

combined one where if there is no NORMAL directory structure of Series\S01\showname.s01e10.avi, then it will pull all the info from the file itself!

Code:
    debugging

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom