Expressions/Rules requests (1 Viewer)

smith69085

Portal Member
May 7, 2009
I'm a bit of a novice on this stuff so any help would be much appreciated.
I want to parse the below and the 25 other files but have no clue on Reg exp and not that good on simple. All of the dots in the name (Once.upon.a.time...Life) are beating me at the moment.

E:\downloads\Finished\TV\Once Upon a Time...Life\Once.upon.a.time...Life.02of26.Birth.Xvid.MP3.en.de.fr.es.mvgroup.org.avi

Can this be done with simple expressions and if so how or will it have to be reg in which case just tell me as i wouldn't know where to start!

String Replacements: ".Xvid.MP3.en.de.fr.es.mvgroup.org" with "<empty>"
Simple: <series> <season>of<episode> <title>.<ext>

That should do it.

No didnt quite do it Its showinf Series name as once, Season as Upon a time, and life as ext

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I'm a bit of a novice on this stuff so any help would be much appreciated.
    I want to parse the below and the 25 other files but have no clue on Reg exp and not that good on simple. All of the dots in the name (Once.upon.a.time...Life) are beating me at the moment.

E:\downloads\Finished\TV\Once Upon a Time...Life\Once.upon.a.time...Life.02of26.Birth.Xvid.MP3.en.de.fr.es.mvgroup.org.avi

Can this be done with simple expressions and if so how or will it have to be reg in which case just tell me as i wouldn't know where to start!

String Replacements: ".Xvid.MP3.en.de.fr.es.mvgroup.org" with "<empty>"
    Simple: <series> <season>of<episode> <title>.<ext>

That should do it.

No didnt quite do it Its showinf Series name as once, Season as Upon a time, and life as ext

Ok I finally took the time to look the show up at thetvdb.com and the title is "Once Upon a Time... Life", so put in a string replacement for that, and make sure it runs "before". Also I just noticed your filename format isn't right for season+title, because you are using the xx out of yy format.

So use string replacements before:

• "of26." with " - "
    • ".Xvid.MP3.en.de.fr.es.mvgroup.org" with "<empty>"
    • "Once.upon.a.time...Life." with "Once Upon A Time... Life S01E"

and you don't even require an extra regular expression then, because the default ones will work.

The above will turn: Once.upon.a.time...Life.02of26.Birth.Xvid.MP3.en.de.fr.es.mvgroup.org.avi
    into: Once Upon A Time... Life S01E02 - Birth.avi

And that should guarantee a working match.

krutowski

January 29, 2008
    AW: Expressions/Rules requests

Hallo,

alle meine Aufnahmen sind nach folgendem Schema angelegt.

Star Trek Das nächste Jahrhundert_Star Trek Das nächste Jahrhundert (Die Überlebenden auf Rana-Vier) S3 E3 - KABEL1_2010-01-21_03-05.avi

oder

Scrubs - Die Anfänger_Scrubs - Die Anfänger (Mein voller Durchblick) S7 E1 - ProSieben_2010-01-21_11-05.ts

Ich bekomme den automatischen Import nicht hin. Weiß jemand wie ich das in MP-TV series anlegen muß?

Gruß Dennis

trekkiedj

Portal Pro
    August 7, 2009
    Cirencester
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: AW: Expressions/Rules requests

Hi,

I have issues parsing the following series:

Melrose Place (2009)
    V (2009)

All these series are failing because of the series names having numbers in them. Could anybody help out with some parsing expressions?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Hallo,

alle meine Aufnahmen sind nach folgendem Schema angelegt.

Star Trek Das nächste Jahrhundert_Star Trek Das nächste Jahrhundert (Die Überlebenden auf Rana-Vier) S3 E3 - KABEL1_2010-01-21_03-05.avi

oder

Scrubs - Die Anfänger_Scrubs - Die Anfänger (Mein voller Durchblick) S7 E1 - ProSieben_2010-01-21_11-05.ts

Ich bekomme den automatischen Import nicht hin. Weiß jemand wie ich das in MP-TV series anlegen muß?

Gruß Dennis

Don't know German well enough to answer you back, so English it is. The "S3 E3" will not parse with the default regular expressions, you need to modify those, or convert it into "S3E03". And not sure if the German language string will match any results on thetvdb.com, so you might need to use the string replacements methods as well to convert those into English before they are being parsed. More help on this is available at the FAQ: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/my-tvseries-162/faq-frequently-asked-questions-read-first-76029/

Try Google Translate otherwise: Google Translate

Since these are TV based recordings, first try: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-series-episodenumbers-your-mp-4tr-epg-76220/

That one is originally German based to properly rename TV shows for MP-TVSeries.

Hi,

I have issues parsing the following series:

Melrose Place (2009)
    V (2009)

All these series are failing because of the series names having numbers in them. Could anybody help out with some parsing expressions?

I use the same format, both in folder and filenames, and those shows work perfect for me.

Infact a few days ago I added "Human Target (2010)", and it added the right show automatic.

Use the FAQ @ https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/my-tvseries-162/faq-frequently-asked-questions-read-first-76029/ to diagnose the problem yourself, or make a screenshot looking like:

FAQ.TVSeries.2a_Parsing.Results.Good+Bad.png

So that we can have an easier look as to why your shows aren't parsing correctly, because they will be highlighted in red in the pre-import stage.

krutowski

January 29, 2008
    AW: Expressions/Rules requests

hi RoChess,

thanks for your answer.
    I already use the episodescanner. That´s why my files have episodes and numbers in the names.
    I found on the episodescanner page some parsing expressions
    ^.*?\\(?<series>.*?) - \((?<title>.*?)\) S(?<season>[0-9]+?)E(?<episode>[0-9]+?) - [0-9]+-[0-9]+-[0-9]+ - [0-9]+_[0-9]+\.(?<ext>[^.]*)$
    but these are for files with names like that:
    %title%\%title% - (%name%) S%series%E%episode% - %date% - %start%
    I think that Mediaportal makes a folder with the title as name and put the file in it.
    I need no folder but a second title like that:
    %title%_%title% - (%name%) S%series%E%episode% - %channel% - %date% - %start%
    The big different is the first title and the channel. The channel is for comskip that cuts the commerzials ( for a good result i have a spezial comskip.ini for every german channel.)
    A little script uses the first title to the first "_". the script recodes the files to h.264 and makes subfolders based of the title name and put all files with the same (first) title in it.
    That means I need a parsing espression with a first title and channel.
    Thanks for your help and sorry for my bad english. I hope you understand my problem.

Dennis

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

I already use the episodescanner. That´s why my files have episodes and numbers in the names.
    I found on the episodescanner page some parsing expressions
    ^.*?\\(?<series>.*?) - \((?<title>.*?)\) S(?<season>[0-9]+?)E(?<episode>[0-9]+?) - [0-9]+-[0-9]+-[0-9]+ - [0-9]+_[0-9]+\.(?<ext>[^.]*)$

The order of the parsing expressions is important.

First parsing expression is used, if it fails, then next, etc.

However any parsing expression that gets some results is used and then it *STOPS* trying to use the others.

So move your new expression to the top, the up/down arrows in the parsing expressions don't work for me, so they might also not work for you, in that case do a mass copy and paste to move all the existing expressions down a spot, so you can insert your new one at the top position.

And if all that still fails, reply with a filename example that fails to parse for you, so that I can actually see why it doesn't get parsed.

outpurst

Portal Member
    June 30, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    hallo hab folgendes problem möchte gern die staffel scrubs in tv-series importieren, jedoch geht das nicht mti meiner dateibenennen. wie muss ich das eintragen damit er es erkennt

der serien pfad lautet, J:\Serien

darin befindet sich ein ordner der Scrubs - Die Anfänger heißt

und die datei lautete wie folgt:

Scrubs Staffel 1 - Folge 3 - Mein Kunstfehler

hoff ihr könnt mir helfen.

DANKE

mfg

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Scrubs Staffel 1 - Folge 3 - Mein Kunstfehler

I hope that Google Translate worked.

The problem is the single episode digit, and I don't have time to come up with RegExp for that, so put in the following "String Replacements" as per the FAQ with before checkbox enabled:

" Straffel " with " S0"
    " - Folge 1" with "E01"
    " - Folge 2" with "E02"
    " - Folge 3" with "E03"
    " - Folge 4" with "E04"
    " - Folge 5" with "E05"
    " - Folge 6" with "E06"
    " - Folge 7" with "E07"
    " - Folge 8" with "E08"
    " - Folge 9" with "E09"
    " - Folge " with "E"

You *HAVE* to use 00 format for episodes, hence the 9 entries to fix the single digit episodes would be required, all 10+ numbers are covered with the last line. This is why you need to use the exact order as I specified, or things will go wrong.

The result is that:

Scrubs Staffel 1 - Folge 3 - Mein Kunstfehler​

Will be processed as:

Scrubs S01E03 - Mein Kunstfehler​

And that will work for a positive match.

FAQ @ German Translation via Google

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom