Expressions/Rules requests (7 Viewers)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    PS:how export the log files?

It is in your mediaportal log file folder.

On XP for example this is "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log", but if you go to your Start Menu items for MediaPortal there is a shortcut in there to jump straight to the user folder, inwhich you will find the 'log' folder.

Zip up the MP-TVSeries.log file and attach to your post, that will contain all the info needed (provided you ran the failed import with the debug mode enabled in MP-TVSeries configuration options, aka the drop down option as Inker explained).

And sure you can rename all your files to fix it, but at this point I'm curious as well as to why it is failing for you. Helping you might help somebody else as well in the future with the same problem, so if you don't mind let's try to solve it.

tempalb81

Portal Member
    January 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    And sure you can rename all your files to fix it, but at this point I'm curious as well as to why it is failing for you. Helping you might help somebody else as well in the future with the same problem, so if you don't mind let's try to solve it.

see my precedent post.

the brakets are the problems
    i must change them with another simbol

Thank you for all:D

Ok, so you needed a full RegExp then, so add:

#1 = regexp = ^(?:.*\\)?(?<season>\d+)\-(?<episode>\d+)(?:[+]+(?<episode2>\d+))?\[(?<series>.+)\][ _.\-]*(?<title>(?![^\\].*?(?<!the)[ .(-]sample[ .)-]).*?)\.(?<ext>[^\.\\]*)$

Enjoy

sorry, i've modified and used the 2 simple expression that you posted before
    but they don't work with the file that conteining two episodes (like 1-23+24[Scrubs] ... .avi)

May you change the full regexp over there to work with file like this ?

1-12-Shield - title.avi
    3-01+02-Dexter - title.avi

:D

PS: maybe the "+" is not recognized by the script....

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    sorry, i've modified and used the 2 simple expression that you posted before

Ok, I can't help if you start to venture off on your own and not provide the debug enabled log files I need on the new regexp one. So if it works for you now, then enjoy what you got.

tempalb81

Portal Member
    January 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    ALL WORKS!!

the "+" between the first and second episodes stop the script.

replaced with "_" and now all works

There are many simbols that can't be used in the name file: ( ) [ ] + & and probabily many other
    Maybe, you can tell it in the first post for other user.
    Write how insert a "simple" expression too: is very easy insted write a regex (i wrote the same simple expression befor wrote in this post)

However, thank you for help me
    great program:D

unalterable

Portal Member
    September 25, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi... simple problem but:

Can anyone please tell me why i can parse episodes labelled with the series/episode number as follows:

the.simpsons.211 >> is seen as episode 11 season 2... great!!

but if the series number is 2 digits it doesn't work:

the.simpsons.2211 >> doesn't work!

is there a parsing expression i can use that will parse this? it's driving me nuts
    please help

:D

unalterable

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi... simple problem but:

So is 2211 season 2, episode 211 (yes there are daily shows that get that high), or season 22 episode 11.

I know in your case it is S22E11, but why don't you just name your files as such?

S22E11, 22x11, #22.11, are all valid seperator methods.

It is still possible, because you can force 2 digits for season and 2 digits for episode, but you might want to attack it at the source, or you will run into problems if you ever get a daily show, such as:

"The Tonight Show With Jay Leno - S18E205 - Michael Douglas"

If you still prefer to force it via digit restrictions, then look at the Expression Exchange thread, as there are expressions in there that will do what you need.

unalterable

Portal Member
    September 25, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    if i have to rename the files then i might as well manually import them all.

and while i understand your dilemma about s2e211 or s22e11... i dont have any episodes that do that so i was asking for an expression to fit my purpose... i'm not suggesting changing it for everyone.

i've also already looked at the expression exchange thread but it's miles long and i don't understand most of it

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    i've also already looked at the expression exchange thread but it's miles long and i don't understand most of it

I looked it over as well and the expression you need was not in the exchange thread, so I must have seen it elsewhere (possibly in this request one, which is indeed a mile long).

Anyway it's a valid request, I just thought it was already answered in the right place, so here you go: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/704956-post28.html

Let me know if it works for your entire collection, the only example you gave me was "the.simpsons.2211", so I was only able to verify it works on that one. I did add support for double episodes, so you can use "the.simpsons.2212+13" if it is ever needed.

Enjoy.

RikP

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have a serie with the following name and it isn't recognised.

Spartacus.Gods.of.the.Arena.Pt.II.720p.HDTV.X264-CTU

The Pt.II means it is episode 2. So there will be Pt.I, Pt.II, Pt.III, Pt.IV, etc

Any idea how i can get this in a regex?

Thanks!

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Create a String Replacement from "Pt.II" to "1x02" and it should work. Unfortunatly you'll have to do this for every Name (I,II,III, etc).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom