Germany Germany
If it works, it should work for both

G:\My Series\Charmed\Season 01\Episode 01\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO
and
G:\My Series\Charmed\Season 01\Episode 02-03\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO

It works! :)

Hi guys,

this parsing string works for me to :)

But my ripped series from dvd are mostly more than two episodes per disk.

e.g.
Episodes 09-12 will be parsed as episode 09 and episode 12 and it should be like episode 09 to 12 (09,10,11,12)
the rest of the episodes are still unknown not available within TVSeries plugin.
Splitting these episodes is not possible because they are all in one VIDEO_TS folder with dvd-menu.

Is there any solutin on this? Sure I'm not the only user with this problem... ;)

It's my first try for this plugin and I'm amazed!!
Hope to get all my series running within this great plugin..

Thanks in advance
mpFrank

Telstar

Portal Pro
October 18, 2007
Home Country
Italy Italy
Try to rename the folder episode 09-10-11-12 and change the latest regex (not sure how, but play with it).

runarius

Portal Pro
February 1, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
I was thinking of a little thing here... as I understand it, that file is like a big .avi holding four episodes which just plays right after eachother. Now, most dvd's have some data stored in which tells the dvd-software when one episode is finished, and when the next one begins, or as we all know them, chapters. If this is the case with that dvd, there should be a way for mediaportal to get this information too, and store it somewhere, and then parse it so that you actually see episode 1, episode 2, episode 3 and episode 4, and when you play f.eks episode 2, it will start from that episode.

and if this is impossible, we could also have thetvdb.com store the disc info maybe, if they let us. Then you could just submit the data of when one episode is over and the next one starts on that dvd, and soon, most discs will be there.

mpfrank

Portal Pro
November 6, 2006
Cologne
Home Country
Germany Germany
@ runarius:

the file is not like an avi file containing four episodes, it is the file containing the dvd menu for all four episodes. The episodes itself are vob-files....

@ randell:

I agree because there are only two variables (episode and episode2)...

How did other people solve this problem? Sure that I'm not the only one with series from ripped dvd.

Thanks again
mpfrank

Telstar

Portal Pro
October 18, 2007
Home Country
Italy Italy
How did other people solve this problem? Sure that I'm not the only one with series from ripped dvd.

I resolved with the regex that randell made :)
Code:
(?<series>[^\\$]*)\\Season (?<season>[0-9]{1,2})\\Episode (?<episode>[0-9]{1,2})(?:-(?<episode2>[0-9]{1,2}))?.*\\VIDEO_TS\\VIDEO_TS.IFO

The key is that I ripped each episode in its own folder using Dvd Fab platinum with the multidisc option, which was the only one to not only separate the titles, but also choose languagee and subtitle and select the default.

I play everything in english with subs because English is not my first language and I desire to watch movies and series in its original language.

eventone

Portal Member
February 16, 2007
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
Hi everyone, I'd like to ask for a little help:

- how to get an expression to parse this:

"That 70's show - 701 - title.avi" ?

In which the 7 is the season and 01 is the episode number. I could just rename them all to my standard naming convention, but I didn't want to have to burn another dvd with them.

Thanks!

Erez

Portal Pro
April 10, 2007
Home Country
Israel Israel
Hi,
How can I get MyTvSeries to parse:
'My Name Is Earl - 3x7-8 - Our Other Cops is On!.avi'
as a double episdoe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom