jazzjazzy

Portal Member
June 29, 2007
Home Country
Thanks inker

had not noticed the string replacement rule before :oops:

just took out the spaces from the regex and it worked fine

if anyone else is having this problem here are the rules I used

(?<!(?:confused:\d+.?E\\d+\-E\d+.*|S\d+.?E\d+.*|\s\d+x\d+\s.*))(\d{1,2})?of\d{1,2}
(?<!(?:confused:\d+.?E\\d+\-E\d+.*|S\d+.?E\d+.*|\s\d+x\d+.*))P[ar]*t\s?(\d+)(?of\d{1,2})?

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Nice that it worked for you.
    Btw also works for Part n of m, Part n, n of m, Part III (roman numbers) etc.

jpichie

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey Guys:
    My 1st post. I am loving mediaPortal.
    I have all my TV Series very well organized, on one drive.
    My folder tree would look like so:
    HDD (S:\)Series\Season (season#)\Episode # - Title.exe

So for example
    S:\Burn Notice\Season 1\01 - Pilot.mkv

I am trying to do this as a simple expression, but it is not automatically recognizing it.
    I have well over 1000 episodes in that format, so this would be extremely helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Ignore this post, I ended up getting this working once I used my S:\ as the import path, rather than each individual folder.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hey Guys:
    My 1st post. I am loving mediaPortal.
    I have all my TV Series very well organized, on one drive.
    My folder tree would look like so:
    HDD (S:\)Series\Season (season#)\Episode # - Title.exe

So for example
    S:\Burn Notice\Season 1\01 - Pilot.mkv

I am trying to do this as a simple expression, but it is not automatically recognizing it.
    I have well over 1000 episodes in that format, so this would be extremely helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Ignore this post, I ended up getting this working once I used my S:\ as the import path, rather than each individual folder.

That was because otherwise 'Burn Notice' would not be passed on to the existing regular expressions, what you can do is create "S:\TV Shows" and use that as 'base' for your shows, incase you want to put other files/folders on the S: drive. Otherwise use what you already have and enjoy :cool:

Palm_Maniac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2005
    Gießen, Hessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Expressions/Rules requests

Hi,

excuse me first for my bad english.

I need a regexp for a Videofile with 3 Episodes. The nameformat is SGU-x264-101-102-103.mkv. The 3rd Episode-Entry ist actual the Epsiodename.

Thank you,

Palm_Maniac

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    MP-TVSeries only supports two episodes per file. Sorry.

Knives03

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2009
    Re: AW: Expressions/Rules requests

Hi,

excuse me first for my bad english.

I need a regexp for a Videofile with 3 Episodes. The nameformat is SGU-x264-101-102-103.mkv. The 3rd Episode-Entry ist actual the Epsiodename.

Thank you,So you

Palm_Maniac

I was literally just about to ask this question and saw that you asked it.

MP-TVSeries only supports two episodes per file. Sorry.

That's the answer I was hoping not to hear :( lol.

This poses a problem for me because of the way theTVDB organizes cartoons with more than one part in an episode. I am trying to import "Garfield & Friends" into TV-Series, but unfortunately the episodes are one file with 3 parts in them, which makes it hard for me to import it into TV-Series and line up with theTVDB. I hope that it is something than can be implemented in the future!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

I am trying to import "Garfield & Friends" into TV-Series, but unfortunately the episodes are one file with 3 parts in them, which makes it hard for me to import it into TV-Series and line up with theTVDB.

Then just split the files up. TheTVdB works based on aired order, so you obviously did not get aired episodes, but some other type of medium. There is no support to launch episode X and playback a file and know where the jump point to the start of that episode is, if it is part of a media file containing multiple episodes.

There are a ton of tools available that will split the files up for you, and it hardly takes time because you do not re-encode the codecs, but you simply remux them into a different container. Since you are splitting it is easiest to use a GUI tool for it, so you can visually check the keyframe you want to split on. It is possible to split on a non-keyframe segment, but that would be foolish.

Another way is to use softlinks or hardlinks, if you have Vista+ you can use mlink for this, or download the SysInternal tool (now Microsoft) to create them for Windows 2000/XP. There is actually a forum thread on how to do this. In short it creates a 0-byte link to the same media file with a different name. So you can end up with:

Actual media file S01E01+02.avi
    Hardlink to that media file S01E03.avi

and the same file with be used for all 3 episodes. But when you launch them they will always start at the beginning, so you waste time skipping to the part where the episode in question starts, which is why splitting is always more benificial.

Knives03

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2009

Thanks as always RoChess! You're the man with the answers :)

Unfortunately I ripped the episodes from the Season DVDs so they more than likely use that DVD order instead of aired order like you pointed out. My plan a while back was originally to split the episodes into multiple parts as you suggested, but became frustrated when having timing issues using MVKmerge. I tried splitting the files by using timecodes, but it never cut it in the correct spot. It would always be a few seconds before or after the timecode that I had used, creating overlaps within the episode files. I was hoping that it would more precise, but it seems it's not quite perfected yet.

Would your expertise have any suggestions for a particularly fantastic program to use with splitting mkvs? As you suggested there are so many out there to choose from, and only have experience with MVKmerge. There was one with a graphical interface where you could actually see the video while cutting it, but I forget what it was called... ugh I wish I bookmarked it.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

There was one with a graphical interface where you could actually see the video while cutting it, but I forget what it was called... ugh I wish I bookmarked it.

Famous GUI editor is for example VirtualDub, but since you mentioned MKV container, your best bet is:

Avidemux - Main Page

as it has native Matroska support for input and output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom