Expressions/Rules requests (3 Viewers)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Is it possible to get this parsed correctly:

WWE Friday Night Smackdown 2010 07 09 WS PDTV XviD.avi

I couldn't find any auto-renamer (spoken about earlier in this thread) that I could easily use...

TheTVdB uses Season + Episode information, and you provide an airdate, that is why it is unable to find a match. The developers are hard at work to support a match based on airdate and even episode title, but this function is not yet present. So you can use 3rd party rename programs (there are some available that have been disussed on the forum that work, so do a forum search) to solve this problem, or wait a little bit longer.

Another problem however is that I'm unable to find your episode at:

WWE SmackDown!: Series Info

TVRage.com does have the episode listed, and part of the new airdate support system in the next version is based on that website, so it will eventually get solved, but otherwise contribute all the entries from:

TVRage to: TheTVdB

(I have to do the same for a lot of my wives reality shows as well)

Hillbillie

Portal Member
    June 19, 2009
    Arkansas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Here are a few examples of my path.

D:\Movies\TV Series\J.A.G\Season 10\01 A New Life.avi the 01 is episode #
    D:\Movies\TV Series\Man vs. Wild\Season 5\01 Baja Desert.avi
    D:\Movies\TV Series\Sea Patrol\Season 3\01 Catch and Release.avi

RegExp: \\(?<series>[^\\$]+)\\Season\s(?<season>\d+)\\(?<episode>\d+)\s(?<title>.*)\.(?<ext>.*)

Well this did work, but it doesnt now. Has something changed? My paths and filenames are the same. Thanks

WsQ

Portal Pro
    December 15, 2008
    Kangasala
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    TheTVdB uses Season + Episode information, and you provide an airdate, that is why it is unable to find a match. The developers are hard at work to support a match based on airdate and even episode title, but this function is not yet present. So you can use 3rd party rename programs (there are some available that have been disussed on the forum that work, so do a forum search) to solve this problem, or wait a little bit longer.

I did a forum search but couldn't find anything I could easily use. I did download one renaming program, but got stuck before I even got to test it. I simply wasn't able to set it up... :oops:

Is it possible to get the show parsed without online match? Maybe to get it parsed so that the season would be 2010 and the date would form the episode number?

yokidrink

Portal Member
    July 12, 2010
    Hi,

upon request , reposting my question here

I have a problem with my season folders.

The structure is as follows (example serie as all follows the same template):

\City Homicide\City Homicide - Seizoen 1\City Homicide - S01E03 - Lie Down With Dogs.avi

I've gotten tvrename to work with this by manually changing the settings xml but I cannot find how to change the behaviour of MP-tvseries to scan this properly as each folder is seen as a series in flat structure.
    This however works fine:

\City Homicide\Season 1\City Homicide - S01E03 - Lie Down With Dogs.avi

But I need the series name in the season folder name to be present.

Perhaps this has been answered already but I cannot find it in the forum.
    I tried to add a 'simple' parsing expression in the plugin like:

<series>\<series> - Seizoen <season>\Episode <episode> - <title>.<ext>
    (basically copied one of the default expressions and added the "<series> - Seizoen " part
    but this doesnt work.

Any ideas?

WsQ

Portal Pro
    December 15, 2008
    Kangasala
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi,

upon request , reposting my question here

I have a problem with my season folders.

\City Homicide\City Homicide - Seizoen 1\City Homicide - S01E03 - Lie Down With Dogs.avi

I've gotten tvrename to work with this by manually changing the settings xml but I cannot find how to change the behaviour of MP-tvseries to scan this properly as each folder is seen as a series in flat structure.
    This however works fine:

\City Homicide\Season 1\City Homicide - S01E03 - Lie Down With Dogs.avi

But I need the series name in the season folder name to be present.

Perhaps this has been answered already but I cannot find it in the forum.
    I tried to add a 'simple' parsing expression in the plugin like:

<series>\<series> - Seizoen <season>\Episode <episode> - <title>.<ext>
    (basically copied one of the default expressions and added the "<series> - Seizoen " part
    but this doesnt work.

Any ideas?

I think simply <series> - S<season>E<episode> - <title>.<ext> should work. Since all the info is in the filename, the folder structure shouldn't matter.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

The new default expression will work fine on this. It only looks at the filename, and ignores the entire folder structure.

City Homicide - S01E03 - Lie Down With Dogs.avi

contains everything MP-TVSeries needs, being the show name and season and episode information. The episode title is nice, but not needed as it will be obtained from TheTVdB anyway.

yokidrink

Portal Member
    July 12, 2010
    Thank you all for the replies,
    I am not sure about the new default rule as i am using v2.5.4 and had added nothing to it.
    Funny thing though... I reran it just before posting this and now everything is added just fine..
    :D

adelphia

Portal Pro
    March 29, 2010
    Hayling Island, Hampshire, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but can MP-TVSeries be used on a series of movies, for example, Star Trek. If so, how would one form the expression as I tried but none of the movies matched which I'm suspecting is because they are just that, movies not TV episodes.

Hillbillie

Portal Member
    June 19, 2009
    Arkansas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Here are a few examples of my path.

D:\Movies\TV Series\J.A.G\Season 10\01 A New Life.avi the 01 is episode #
    D:\Movies\TV Series\Man vs. Wild\Season 5\01 Baja Desert.avi
    D:\Movies\TV Series\Sea Patrol\Season 3\01 Catch and Release.avi

RegExp: \\(?<series>[^\\$]+)\\Season\s(?<season>\d+)\\(?<episode>\d+)\s(?<title>.*)\.(?<ext>.*)

Well this did work, but it doesnt now. Has something changed? My paths and filenames are the same. Thanks

RoChess, is this still valid, or does something need to change a bit?:D

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

RoChess, is this still valid, or does something need to change a bit?:D

That should still work, try: \\(?<series>[^\\$]+)\\Season\s(?<season>\d+)\\(?<episode>\d+)\s(?<title>.*)[ .](?<ext>.*)$

otherwise to be sure.

Verify as well that this expression is 1st in your list, and make sure no 'String Replacement' exists that could cause a conflict.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom