Expressions/Rules requests (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but can MP-TVSeries be used on a series of movies, for example, Star Trek. If so, how would one form the expression as I tried but none of the movies matched which I'm suspecting is because they are just that, movies not TV episodes.

Whatever exists at TheTVdB will work for MP-TVSeries, but the admins/moderators at TheTVdB website will quickly remove anything that is not a TV-Show or TV mini-series.

But you can otherwise just create a custom category in MovingPictures to bundle a series of movies together, you can even assign it a custom category image then to match. You can group movies together via filters and there is no limit on your imagination on how to group them, based on the obvious filename, or title, genre, resolution, time, rating, popularity vote, and dozen more ways.

Hillbillie

Portal Member
    June 19, 2009
    Arkansas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    RegExp: \\(?<series>[^\\$]+)\\Season\s(?<season>\d+)\\(?<episode>\d+)\s(?<title>.*)\.(?<ext>.*)

RoChess, is this still valid, or does something need to change a bit?:D

That should still work, try: \\(?<series>[^\\$]+)\\Season\s(?<season>\d+)\\(?<episode>\d+)\s(?<title>.*)[ .](?<ext>.*)$

otherwise to be sure.

Verify as well that this expression is 1st in your list, and make sure no 'String Replacement' exists that could cause a conflict.

Well I tried this and it worked

(?<series>[^\\$]+)\\Season\s(?<season>\d+)\\(?<episode>\d+)\s(?<title>.*)\.(?<ext>.*)

just removed the \\

Thanks,

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Well I tried this

My bad, you asked that question out of context to me at the time, the correct 'works for all' expression is:

^.*?\\?(?<series>[^\\$]+)\\Season\s(?<season>\d+)\\(?<episode>\d+)\s(?<title>.*)[ .](?<ext>.*)$

Enjoy.

deaded

Portal Member
    May 26, 2008
    Hi, Im stuck with double episodes and Iv tried searching...

I have renamed all my files to work with this simple rule:
    <series>\<season>\S<season>E<episode> - <title>.<ext>
    File: Friends\Season 1\S01E15 - The One With The Stoned Guy.avi

I have been trying to add:
    File: Friends\Season 1\S01E16E17 - The One With Two Parts.avi

But I have had no luck :(
    Can anyone help?
    :D

Edit:
    Sorted it!

<series>\<Season>\S<season>E<episode>E<episode2> - <title>.<ext>
    Needed to be PLACED ABOVE the <series>\<season>\S<season>E<episode> - <title>.<ext> or it wont work, lol.

niels37

Portal Pro
    February 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Can someone please help me , because i don't understand about parsing en filenames.

I have the following filename ( and path) and i keep getting parsing highlighted in red:

D:\TV SERIES\MCLEODS DAUGHTERS\MCLEODS DAUGHTERS S 1\MCLEODS DAUGHTERS S1 E1\VIDEO_TS
    and for s2 :
    D:\TV SERIES\MCLEODS DAUGHTERS\MCLEODS DAUGHTERS S 2\MCLEODS DAUGHTERS S2 E1\VIDEO_TS

Do i need a special parsingrule or do i need to change the name of all my files?

for your info : i Just installed mp rc06 skin = streamed MP and just told tvseries plugin where my file on my hdd are.

Pardon me for just being a stupid dutchman ;-)

My Plan : as soon as my htpc works completely with antec case and imon ( which works for moment including display) and the rest of plugins. I want to get my MP configuration online as others can benefit , as it isn't easy to get MP and all hardware fullyt functional as it should be.

Hope to understand this also ( but to be honest i don't understand those parse rules etc)

Niels

Gfer

Portal Member
    November 29, 2009
    Easiest is to:
    Create a string replacement for each such podcast you have, mark as run before.
    replace: diggnation--
    with: diggnation--1x

then create a simple parsing expression: <series>--<season>x<episode>--<title>.<ext>.
    Note that after the string replacement the default expressions might already pick some of them up depending on their exact format, but might get the ep numbers wrong, so make sure you're new expression is prioritized higher.

Thanks Inker!:D

That was extremely elegant and simplistic. It looks like I over thought the whole process and was trying to do reg exp when all I needed was the string replacement + simple exp.

I can't get this to work any more. For example: diggnation--0264--favorites--hd720p30.h264 parses as season id 02 and episode id 64 and series name as Diggnation--1X. Any ideas?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I can't get this to work any more. For example: diggnation--0264--favorites--hd720p30.h264 parses as season id 02 and episode id 64 and series name as Diggnation--1X. Any ideas?

The idea is to get MP-TVSeries to detect the Show name and season+episode, it will then use TheTVdB to match this.

"Diggnation.s02e64.anything.goes.here" would work, and so does "Diggnation.02x64.anything.goes.here"

Your filename is "diggnation--0264--favorites--hd720p30.h264", so you need to either rename, or use String Replacements.

A rule that turns "diggnation--02" into "diggnation 02x" would solve your problems. It allows MP-TVSeries to then detect 'diggnation' as the show name, '02' as the season and '64' as the episode number with the existing regular expressions.

You can also use a custom regular expression, such as:

^.*?\\?(?<series>[^\\$]+?)\-\-(?<season>\d{2})(?<episode>\d{2})\-\-(?<title>(?![^\\]*?(?<!the)[ .(-]sample[ .)-])[^$]*?)\.(?<ext>[^.]*)$

Gfer

Portal Member
    November 29, 2009
    Well, I got the parser to recognize the episodes as season 2 episode 64 using string replacement and simple expressions, but it doesn't match it to thetvdb.com. So I was prompted to manually match the episodes myself. Now what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom