Expressions/Rules requests (4 Viewers)

FireAza

Portal Pro
June 30, 2011
Ah, that would probably do the trick. You don't think that telling it that all my episodes are season 1 would mess up the online database? Also, here's an example of a filename:
Pinky and the Brain - 01 - Das Mouse

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ah, that would probably do the trick. You don't think that telling it that all my episodes are season 1 would mess up the online database? Also, here's an example of a filename:
    Pinky and the Brain - 01 - Das Mouse

I thought this was one of those DVD mini-series that only span 1 season. So your best bet is to rename the actual files to match the Season/Episode numbering used at: Pinky and the Brain: Complete Episode List

But if the files are on optical media, then renaming is a problem, so you either have to use string replacements or manual map them. Since it will be a lot of work to string replacement all those episodes, your best bet is to manual map them. Use the import wizard to manually provide the "Pinky and the Brain" show name to the yellow entries, and then at step 3 you can manually map each episode to the correct one.

Ok, grab the latest version because a bug in title matching has been fixed. You still need to provide some season/episode information, which is then ignored. So for example you can use a single string replacement entry to change "Pinky and the Brain - " into "Pinky and the Brain S99E" which will result in:

"Pinky and the Brain - 01 - Das Mouse" being renamed into "Pinky and the Brain S99E01 - Das Mouse"

There is obviously no season 99, so that's when episode title matching will take over. Use the wizard to verify visually that everything is going correct. You can also use "S01E" so that the first season will use the correct S/E info, but that only works if there is not another episode "01".

FireAza

Portal Pro
    June 30, 2011
    Ah, that's got it, thanks!

But of course, since the DVD order is different to the TV order, the plugin is having issues with identifying the episodes. Is my only solution to rename the source files or manually assign each episode?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    If you choose title matching, it doesnt matter what order they are in. It should match up in the Import Wizard assuming the title is correct and the import wizard parses it correctly.

FireAza

Portal Pro
    June 30, 2011
    Hmmmm.... I thought it had worked, the plugin had made a made a database entry, and made 64 episode entries. But when I try to go watch an episode, opening the series folder in MediaPortal just brings up a flickering "default poster" (that poster that MediaPortal uses that's made up of a bunch of movie posters) and I can't choose the season, or any episodes. MP itself also kinda freezes up. Any clues guys?

Hillbillie

Portal Member
    June 19, 2009
    Arkansas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Here is my path to TV Series shows

F:\Movies\TV Series\Gunsmoke\Season 01\01 - Matt Gets It.avi
    F:\Movies\TV Series\J.A.G.\Season 01\01 - A New Life.avi

I use to use this in an older version of TV Series

(?<series>[^\\$]+)\\Season\s(?<season>\d+)\\(?<episode>\d+)\s(?<title>.*)\.(?<ext>.*)

It doesnt work with the latest version of TV Series.

Can someone tell me what i need to change to get it to work

Thanks,:D

Drek77

Portal Member
    February 8, 2008
    I'm sorry if someone has already asked this but I cannot get this to work... I can get my "normal" episodes parsed but am having trouble with double episodes...

How can I parse:

\LOST\Season 6\S06E01E02 - LA X.avi

Its the "S<season>E<episode>E<episode2>" that I'm hung up on... the parser keeps trying to set <episode> = 01E02 and telling me that it's not numeric...

And I haven't quite yet grasped regexp...

:D

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I'm sorry if someone has already asked this but I cannot get this to work... I can get my "normal" episodes parsed but am having trouble with double episodes...

How can I parse:

\LOST\Season 6\S06E01E02 - LA X.avi

Its the "S<season>E<episode>E<episode2>" that I'm hung up on... the parser keeps trying to set <episode> = 01E02 and telling me that it's not numeric...

And I haven't quite yet grasped regexp...

:D

There is no support for <episode2> in the simple expression method if memory serves me well. I'll forward that to the developers to see if that can be added.

In the meantime use regexp: ^(?:.*\\)?(?<series>[^\\]+)\\Season\s*(?<season>\d+)\\[^E]+E(?<episode>\d+)(?:E(?<episode2>\d+))?[ _.\-\[\]]*(?<title>(?![^\\].*?(?<!the)[ .(-]sample[ .)-]).*?)\.(?<ext>[^.]*)$

Which will cover both single and dual episodes, so position it high to avoid false positives with other expressions. The season is taken from the folder and not the filename, so keep that in mind. I didn't wanted to bother with a backreference, so this will have to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom