Extension Installer V2 (1 Viewer)

dukus

Portal Pro
January 20, 2006
Home Country
Romania Romania
I add action to run a task, kill a task and create shortcut to a specified location.
See in first post or in latest svn

dukus

Portal Pro
January 20, 2006
Home Country
Romania Romania
Unfortunately yes, i don't want this installer to depend on a online repository, the update informations for a extension should be provided by the dev. site.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Kinda agree, but perhaps there is room for adding an online repository too?
    It'll be fabulous to simply click an app to upgrade MP to current plugins - I wonder if this could be pointed at the Google Code site some of the devs are using ATM??

dukus

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    I make some improvements, now the uninstall working. To try see the first post.

Now really need some feedback from Skiners and Plugin developers, pls. test it.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    It'll be fabulous to simply click an app to upgrade MP to current plugins - I wonder if this could be pointed at the Google Code site some of the devs are using ATM??
    There is one reaaaaaally annoying issue with webdevs.

All of them, and i mean all of them, which ever promised to create us a working, new repository, or just rework the one we use allready, simply fall of the face of the earth after one or 2 testversions and were never seen again, or replied to messages. :mad: :mad:

Nevertheless. The main goal now is to get MPEI in a state where our plugin and skindevelopers actually start using it.
    Then we can talk again about the online part. Well.... maybe. :p

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Webdevs are a strange bunch ;)
    I agree that the system should be both usable and stable first though - the online bit could come later...

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Dukus, first of all thank you for undetaking this herculean, but very important task. One request I have is regarding the installation of skin files during plugin installation.

Currently, in MPI and MPEI, the installer provides a list of all the currently installed skins with check boxes to select the ones you wish to install skin files for. These are all selected by default. Could you add an option to "select all" "deselect all"? For those of use with a lot of skins installed it is really annoying to have to uncheck all the boxes one by one every time you install a new version of a plugin.

fripsy

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2008
    Grasse
    Home Country
    France France
    There is one reaaaaaally annoying issue with webdevs.

All of them, and i mean all of them, which ever promised to create us a working, new repository, or just rework the one we use allready, simply fall of the face of the earth after one or 2 testversions and were never seen again, or replied to messages. :mad: :mad:

Nevertheless. The main goal now is to get MPEI in a state where our plugin and skindevelopers actually start using it.
    Then we can talk again about the online part. Well.... maybe. :p

Couldn't this be easely solved by getting the webdev to release his work to you developers?
    After all, the online repo should be on the MP site... or shouldn't it?

Cheers.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Couldn't this be easely solved by getting the webdev to release his work to you developers?
    Erm.....
    All webdevs which volunteered for the job to work on a new repository/change the current one had direct access to our webserver where they could upload and test their work.

But they all dissapeared _before_ they are even _close_ to finish their work.

So the only way to solve this issue is by finding a _relieable_ webdeveloper who will take care about it from start to finish.
    And not dissapear after 5% of the work has been done...... :rolleyes:

But this is not the topic of this thread.
    Please focus on the testversion provided by dukus in the first post.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom