Extension Installer V2 (1 Viewer)

dukus

Portal Pro
January 20, 2006
Home Country
Romania Romania
Hope I understood you right: I supply an extra font for my skins that should go into Windows\Fonts.
Yes, i understood, on FontCopy i use a api call to register the font file, so the file not necessary should be located in Windows\Font

Another question: Which file extension to use for the generated extension - xmp or mpei or what?
Using xmp crashes the MPEInstaller, as well as MPEI.

In this question i don't have a answer , i think for the project file the extension should be xmp2 and for the installer package itself should be mpe2 , but i open for any suggestion ..

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think the extension xmp2 and mpe2 would lead one to the idea that these extensions refer to MP2, so we should use another extension. For testing purposes should be good, but for the final release (which would then be released with MP RC 1.x) we should stick to the extensions used for the actual MPEI.

dukus

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    I made i another version, i add possibility to include in installer package a another package.
    Fix some interface bug.
    The installer part ow support uninstall and reinstall
    In first post i attached a real plugin, pls test if working, and you can uninstall it, and in all skin are copied skin files

dukus

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    I'm done with update system, now it is manual, but i somebody have any idea how should work in automatically way let me know ...

To test :
    Download new version from first post
    1. Run MpeInstaller
    2. Option tab with "Install local extension" install the "youtubefm.0.5.6.0.mpe1"
    3. In same tab "Download online update info", this download a update xml
    4 Change tab to "Installed extensions" select Youtube.Fm should be visible a Update button, hitting it this will be update extension to a new version 0.5.7.0

To store package and update info i use google.code : Downloads - youtube-fm-for-mediaportal - Project Hosting on Google Code

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I'm done with update system, now it is manual, but i somebody have any idea how should work in automatically way let me know ...

To test :
    Download new version from first post
    1. Run MpeInstaller
    2. Option tab with "Install local extension" install the "youtubefm.0.5.6.0.mpe1"
    3. In same tab "Download online update info", this download a update xml
    4 Change tab to "Installed extensions" select Youtube.Fm should be visible a Update button, hitting it this will be update extension to a new version 0.5.7.0

To store package and update info i use google.code : Downloads - youtube-fm-for-mediaportal - Project Hosting on Google Code

Wow that is so cool! Worked flawless.

- Does it check if the new update is compatible with my skin? Maybe the skin needs update as well and update will make the plug-in not working?

dukus

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Yes it is check, if all dependency met, and this before uninstall the older one, but not tiger automatically the update of the dependency.
    If a skin isn't supported then a default skin file will be copied, specified plugin dev.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just tried to test installer with my skin, got the following exception:

System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
    bei MpeCore.Classes.WizardNavigator.Navigate() in F:\devel\vs2005\mp\mediaportal\MPE\MpeCore\Classes\WizardNavigator.cs:Zeile 29.
    bei MpeCore.PackageClass.StartInstallWizard() in F:\devel\vs2005\mp\mediaportal\MPE\MpeCore\PackageClass.cs:Zeile 199.
    bei MpeInstaller.MainForm.button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in F:\devel\vs2005\mp\mediaportal\MPE\MpeInstaller\MainForm.cs:Zeile 46.
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

dukus

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    this error generated by a group used for visibility condition on a Wizard screen, but the group no longer exist. I next release i will check if exist such situation.

dukus

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    I work most in MpeInstaller.exe, a new tab was added were are displayed all know extension, if you do a update a new extension should shown.
    Pls test it (download from first post and reinstall the youtube mpe1)

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi dukus,

great work with the new installer... It would be great if the installer would copy the look&feel of the MediaPortal Install routine, the current look feels a bit dated imo.

Also if you add a folder and just copy/paste the path into the textbox (without using the "Browse" dialog) it will throw the exception:
    Code:
    System.ArgumentException: The path is not of a legal form.
       at System.IO.Path.NormalizePathFast(String path, Boolean fullCheck)
       at System.IO.Path.NormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck)
       at System.IO.Path.GetFullPathInternal(String path)
       at System.IO.DirectoryInfo..ctor(String path)
       at MpeMaker.Dialogs.AddFolder2Group.button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in F:\devel\vs2005\mp\mediaportal\MPE\MpeMaker\Dialogs\AddFolder2Group.cs:line 61
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Keep up the great work!

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom