Extension Installer V2 (1 Viewer)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Makes sense to me! TBH I find this whole MPEI forum a bit confusing now. Is it all about the new version? Some users post in the main forum, others here in extension installer v2. Where were you thinking to start the new thread Dave? What do you mean by "this part of the forum?" another sticky post? :p

"Tutorial" posted here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/skins-plugins-installer-mpei-212/creating-mpe1-skin-installer-using-mediaportal-extension-maker-v2-80699/#post604260

juro

Portal Pro
March 23, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Extension Installer V2

Hi togehter,

I would like to install the Bleazle wide screen. I am still using MP 1.0.2. So I saw Bleazle's tip. When I start the MpeInstaller.exe I get a windows error message" Programm is no more function "?!

How do I have to set up the programm?

Regards Juro

andmen

Portal Member
May 28, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

After manual installation of the skin Fidelity 1.0 I cant launch the extension installer anymore. A windows error message "MPEInstaller has a problem and must be closed..... sent MS a report Yes/No".

Some details:
1. Fidelity 0.10 beta was installed
2. Install Fidelity 1.0 manually, because the Update Ext. in MPEI V2 didnt show the new release of the skin.
3. New skin is working, but MPEI not anymore.

Ive tried to install MPEI again, but the MS message appears also. Does anybody know how to solve the situation?

Thanks for support,
andmen

tom78

Portal Pro
August 10, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany

Hello everybody.
Last Weekend i tried to install Bleazle Wide v8.1 on MP 1.0.2 and had the same Problem: "MPEInstaller has a problem and must be closed..... sent MS a report Yes/No"

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
@ juro, andmen, tom78, samundsen Any chance of posting some log files? I'm guessing that that would help dukus work out what is going on here....

tom78

Portal Pro
August 10, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany

Hello Bleazle.

I tried to do some copy/paste within the Microsoft Error Message with all details yesterday, but this was not possible.
In the evening i'll do some screenshots, perhaps this can help.

andmen

Portal Member
May 28, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

After manual installation of the skin Fidelity 1.0 I cant launch the extension installer anymore. A windows error message "MPEInstaller has a problem and must be closed..... sent MS a report Yes/No".

Some details:
1. Fidelity 0.10 beta was installed
2. Install Fidelity 1.0 manually, because the Update Ext. in MPEI V2 didnt show the new release of the skin.
3. New skin is working, but MPEI not anymore.

Ive tried to install MPEI again, but the MS message appears also. Does anybody know how to solve the situation?

Thanks for support,
andmen

Ive got the 0.0.4.1. MPEI beta in use. Maybe the reason fot the problems...(?)..
After Installation of MP1.1 0.0. RC2 the MPEI beta comes up again. First updates of BlackGlass 2.4 with MPEI has been working fine, also.

juro

Portal Pro
March 23, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: Extension Installer V2

@ juro, andmen, tom78, samundsen Any chance of posting some log files? I'm guessing that that would help dukus work out what is going on here....

Hi Bleazle,

here is the message. It#s a file not found error. Something is missing:

Beschreibung:
Stopped working

Problemsignatur:
Problemereignisname: CLR20r3
Problemsignatur 01: mpeinstaller.exe
Problemsignatur 02: 1.0.5.38139
Problemsignatur 03: 4baa63d7
Problemsignatur 04: MpeCore
Problemsignatur 05: 1.0.5.37963
Problemsignatur 06: 4baa6276
Problemsignatur 07: 144
Problemsignatur 08: 69
Problemsignatur 09: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
Betriebsystemversion: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Gebietsschema-ID: 1031

Lesen Sie unsere Datenschutzrichtlinie:
Microsoft-Absturzanalyse

Did some test on my test ssystem where MP 1.1 RC2 is already installed. When I execute mpeinstaller in MP directory all is fine. When I copy the files of the mpe installer zip to another directory I get again the error message. So I suppose that there are definately somme missing files in the package but which ones?

These are in the package:
Interop.IWshRuntimeLibrary.dll
Ionic.Zip.dll
MpeCore.dll
MpeCore.pdb
MpeInstaller.exe
MpeInstaller.pdb
MpeMaker.exe
MpeMaker.pdb

The *.pdb files I don't find in the MP program directory.
Regards Juro

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    I want to run some script at plugin uninstall. Is that possible? (Maybe I didn't see how to create that section?).
    Also, in that uninstall script, I'd like to know what groups were selected at install, like a state that is saved and given to the script at uninstall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom