Extensions: A GUI Plugin for MediaPortal's MPEI Installer (3 Viewers)

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Seems to be a slight problem when installing non-compatible version:

I had Online Videos 1.5.0 installed, then there was 1.6.0 and 1.6.1 available. The plugin tries to install the latest version but 1.6.1 is for MP 1.4.0 only and I'm running MP 1.3.0.

Extensions plugin starts to install but fails silently, there is no message to the user that version is incompatible or that installation failed. After MP restarted, I still had 1.5.0 installed and took a while figure out what was going on.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Seems to be a slight problem when installing non-compatible version:

I had Online Videos 1.5.0 installed, then there was 1.6.0 and 1.6.1 available. The plugin tries to install the latest version but 1.6.1 is for MP 1.4.0 only and I'm running MP 1.3.0.

Extensions plugin starts to install but fails silently, there is no message to the user that version is incompatible or that installation failed. After MP restarted, I still had 1.5.0 installed and took a while figure out what was going on.

Yeah I had this to. I think you need to enable; show only compatible plugins or something like that in the extensions installer.

But indeed; a pop up would be nice. :)

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Yeah I had this to. I think you need to enable; show only compatible plugins or something like that in the extensions installer.

But indeed; a pop up would be nice. :)

I think "compatible" and "stable" plugin options are enabled by default, and I haven't touched these settings.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    If you have those options then the Api may not work as it did before as it should filter them out.

I could definitely look at providing a warning popup before trying to install an incompatible plugin. To be honest it should just filter it out regardless of setting enabled unless there is some use case to install a plugin that's not compatible?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    New Release available (v1.2.1):
    • Fixed a bug in Extension GUI Settings where the default settings for a plugin will be loaded instead of the user settings. This occurred if the Skin did not have the 'Restore Defaults' button defined.
    • Updated translations from Transifex.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    The file you gave me before was 678kB, and indeed same 'Wrong file format' error for me when I download it.

Downloaded it again from the link you just posted and now it is 690kB. Deleted the other commit and reuploaded it. Downloaded it to be sure, and it updated Extensions plugin on this box for me.

@SpudR, please test to confirm it works for you as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom