Extensions: A GUI Plugin for MediaPortal's MPEI Installer (5 Viewers)

Kui

Portal Pro
November 11, 2010
Alajärvi
Home Country
Finland Finland
Hello everyone,

Here is attached Finnish translation file.

Thanks, and awesome job! :)
Kui

Attachments

• fi.xml
    8.9 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Dear Community
    @vuego and me providing two tv logos extensions. My one is now >70 MByte big and include 4 different Designs. would it be possible to download from inside the installer a zip-file? for example:
    1. download .mpei
    2. start installer and choose the design
    3. after that, it downloads only the choosed design for example as a zip-file.
    4. then installing all logos
    that would give some smarter download packages for all the users (17 MByte). is there a possibility to give us a hint?

thx in advance
    bribbon
    In MediaPortal 1.3 Beta you can embed a remote mpei package (atleast I think I read you can), that way you can create features that map to the remote mpei's.

I haven't tried this so cant be sure, I think offbyone mentioned it to me a while ago. I plan to test this feature later when I re-design a skin installer to get plugins from remote locations.

Anyway, this is not really the best place to ask. This thread is for the Extensions plugin not MPEI Installer ;)

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Dear Community
    @vuego and me providing two tv logos extensions. My one is now >70 MByte big and include 4 different Designs. would it be possible to download from inside the installer a zip-file? for example:
    1. download .mpei
    2. start installer and choose the design
    3. after that, it downloads only the choosed design for example as a zip-file.
    4. then installing all logos
    that would give some smarter download packages for all the users (17 MByte). is there a possibility to give us a hint?

thx in advance
    bribbon
    Hi. Check this thread https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...go-pack-repository-and-updater-plugin.116006/

cubii

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    hi ,
    first: i am not sure if am right here.
    Problem on a clean win 8 64bit installation (mp1.3rc, extension and online videos are installed as plugins)
    if i select movingpictures to install, mediaportal restarts, downloads moving picures, but than a new windows opens from the moving pictures installer, but i cannot use it, because the mediaportal extension installer windows is always on top. i restarted the pc, but now i cannot install movingpictures the old way and also not with plugin...

any suggestions?

cubii

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    hi ,
    first: i am not sure if am right here.

Found that it is a problem of the mpi installer of moving pictures, so hopefully an update of moving picture will resolve this issue (installing the mpi installer from the webpage works)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    All translations are now online at Transifex, so head on over to the following URL and start contributing:

https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/MP1_CommunityPlugins/resource/extensions/

Every Translator has to do the following:
    1. Register an account at Transifex.com
    2. Go to the project page, which you want to translate (see above)
    3. a) If your language team already exists, click on it and request to become a member of it.
      In this case either the project management and the language team coordinator of that language can accept or deny the request.
      b) If your language team does not exist, you can request to create a new one and become a language team coordinator.
      In this case the project management has to accept or deny the request.
    The language teams are organized within https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/MediaPortal/
    So currently it's Albert, morpheus, offbyone and Chefkoch who are able to accept new languages.
    In most cases we react within 24 hours on request, often even earlier.

I will release a new version that supports the updated translation format soon.

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi

i got some trouble including the extension_settings.xml in an MPEI package...i created a extension_settings.xml file and added an additional group for this file inside the MPEMaker. I unchecked "default selected" and build the new package but after installing the plugin i cant see any configuration possibility inside the extensions plugin. Could someone tell me if my .xml file is wrong?
    Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• extension_settings.xml
      4.2 KB

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi

i got some trouble including the extension_settings.xml in an MPEI package...i created a extension_settings.xml file and added an additional group for this file inside the MPEMaker. I unchecked "default selected" and build the new package but after installing the plugin i cant see any configuration possibility inside the extensions plugin. Could someone tell me if my .xml file is wrong?
    Thanks in advance!
    i think you need correct rhis syntax :
    XML:
    	</settings>
    <extension_settings>
    to
    XML:
    	</settings>
    </extension_settings>

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hmm thanks... :) i found that syntax error too and changed it but i had to uninstall the plugin, clean the installer cache and install it again till it was working :). To reinstall the plugin while it is still installed doesnt seem to work...no it seems to be fine. Just have to make sure that the settings work...will upload a new version eventually today to our code page. Thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom