[solved] Failed Login - Error occurred while decoding OAEP padding (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @ltfearme, AES is a well established method, and most CPUs have hardware support for it as well.

Easy to use C# code for a two-way encrypted storage of password via AES, that also does a base64 encoding for safe storage as-is in dbase/xml/etc -- http://www.aspsnippets.com/Articles/Encrypt-and-Decrypt-Username-or-Password-stored-in-database-in-ASPNet-using-C-and-VBNet.aspx

Be sure to generate a unique key for each user, as otherwise you might as well just store the Trakt password in plain text.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    @popy, I just changed the method to the one above on stackoverflow as its pretty simple which is all we need.

Here is a test dll to see if it works okay for you. You will need to re-enter password again.

@ltfearme: What do you use for the passphrase? Some info like computername?

public static string Encrypt(string plainText,string passPhrase)

thx
    pOpY
    I just hardcoded it for now until you verify it works (trakt guid: a9c3845a-8718-4712-85cc-26f56520bb9a)...then will probably add computername to that or something unique to you.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yeah, but people are more likely to change their MAC address from inserting a new NIC...I dont want to be too secure :)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Here is another test dll with the COMPUTERNAME added to the key.

If you really think MAC address is needed I can do it, I just dont want to have support people saying why does my login no longer work when changing NIC.

Attachments

• TraktPlugin.zip
      289.1 KB

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    @popy, I just changed the method to the one above on stackoverflow as its pretty simple which is all we need.

Here is a test dll to see if it works okay for you. You will need to re-enter password again.
    First Test dll is working in my multiuser Setup for booth users

So ill think also the second does.
    Will Test it and Report back.

pOpY

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    Here is another test dll with the COMPUTERNAME added to the key.

If you really think MAC address is needed I can do it, I just dont want to have support people saying why does my login no longer work when changing NIC.
    This second version also works for my multiuser setup.
    Booth users where logged in ;)

But is it possible that trakt is currently slow, slow and slow ..... :p
    When ill enter the plugin page is not really responding to keyboard input and also my series watched flags got not synced.
    After selecting an menu point a timeout message popup will be displayed. Also the log is full of "timeout" messages.
    will try the features & sync again tomorrow, its time for sleep here :sleep::sleep:

pOpY

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Don't know @popy, im at work now :(

I know it experiences its heaviest load on Sunday/Monday's. But its probably just more maintenance going on.
    But if you do find issues with the plugin please report in a seperate thread.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I guess one thing to point out is that if the user copies their MediaPortal.xml manually or automatically over to another computer the password will probably fail and will be prompted again. This would be more of an issue for people that do this automatically, hopefully no-one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom