[solved] Failed Login - Error occurred while decoding OAEP padding (2 Viewers)

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    I just installed 5.0.5 via the extension installer, and I just could not log in, I think something is broke. Tried re-entering credentials from inside and outside MP, no joy. Reverted to 5.0.4, and I can log in. Is it just me?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    @tony72, please attach your log from v5.0.5 failed login and I can tell you if its the same problem as mentioned here.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I guess one thing to point out is that if the user copies their MediaPortal.xml manually or automatically over to another computer the password will probably fail and will be prompted again. This would be more of an issue for people that do this automatically, hopefully no-one.
    The best thing to do for this option. To support multi users or not. Then no problem.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Okay, here is my solution.

I have added a setting in MediaPortal.xml called:
    Code:
    <entry name="UseCompNameOnPassKey">yes</entry>

If a user shares MediaPortal.xml with multiple computers then they can simply set the value to no and the password will work on all boxes. I think this is fair enough since this file is not designed to be shared in the first place.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    It's on by default because MediaPortal log collector will collection that file. It's more for keeping users passwords secure when uploading to the forums.

I know its not perfect security, if someone wants to figure it out by checking out the source code they can. Most people couldn't be stuffed doing that.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    It's on by default because MediaPortal log collector will collection that file. It's more for keeping users passwords secure when uploading to the forums.
    Maybe I did not understand, but before password Use secure without the computer name is now added an option to encrypt with computer name, which is now enabled by default. Before the password has been encrypted and will now be encrypted. But all users who copy the configuration file will need to disable this option. But these people are more than those to whom this option is required. I think that it is better such it is disabled by default.

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    @ltfearme: yesterday i have installed the latest 5.0.6 testversion from this thread on my 4 htpcs. All could login but no feature is working (watchlist, popular , nothing, also the sdync is not working). The logs states that the login was successfull but then just timeouts.

Does the 5.0.6 plugin works for you?

pOpY

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yes the plugin works for me @popy.

If you're seeing timeouts then I guess you just got bad luck with the servers atm. Seems to be pretty common these days! Hopefully they sort this out soon, its getting a bit silly now.

@ajs, they use to support a SHA1 password. Now it's clear text for MediaCenter authentication. This is why the clear text is encrypted now when I save it, its decrypted when I attempt login. I could support OAuth but that is a pain the ass for desktop applications such as HTPC's.

Attachments

• Calendar.jpg
      Calendar.jpg
      453.9 KB
    • Trending.jpg
      Trending.jpg
      452.4 KB
    • watchlist.jpg
      watchlist.jpg
      407.3 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom