h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: hFX mini
Cooling: Passive
Power Supply: mCubed EF28 200W
Remote: Soundgraph iMON PAD
TV: Philips 42PFL97 03D
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Recently I have experienced problems displaying HD channels. My problems started to appear after upgrading to RC5 and persists in RC6.

When I select an HD channel I get an error that it is unable to play the live3-0.ts.tsbuffer. In the error.log file I can see the message "Failed vmr9 not connected". It doesn't matter whether I choose to use VMR9 or EVR - same error message. I have attached the log files for both those scenarios.

For comparison reasons I have also attached logs for a working scenario where I chose an SD channel.

I have also tried scenarios using different decoders for H.264 without any difference. No logs attached since the behaviour was exactly the same as with the codec used in the attached logfiles.

I also tried a scenario where I chose an HD channel. When I received the live3-0.ts.tsbuffer error I press OK and then select an SD channel. It fails with the same error the first time. If I select it again it displays the channel OK.

I hope this i detailed enough for you to be able to pinpoint where the problem exists.

Best Regards
Michael

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    No problem here using PDVD 9, do you have problem with that too?

Regards
    Roy

maaen

April 14, 2010
    I actually do not have PDVD9 installed but I am normally using PDVD10. However, I have also tried changing to ffdshow DXVA video decoder as well as Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder for decoding H.264 content without any difference.

Furthermore, I can actually use the same setup that fails to show live H.264 TV to play recorded H.264 content from the exact same channel (was recorded back when my setup worked OK with showing live H.264 TV).

BR
    Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom