Fanart Handler Plugin v2.1.1 (and music fanart scraper) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: Fanart Handler Plugin v1.9 (and music fanart scraper)

Hi,

Version 1.9 of this plugin is now released. See installation guide for change log (link).

Mostly bug fixed but also included is a fix that enables skins to use the VISIBLE and HIDDEN animations without getting the old "slideshow" effect.

best regards
    cul8er

huma2000

Portal Pro
    December 1, 2006
    Murcia, Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

Hi, there is any way to speed up the pluggin initialization on a network install??
    I've the config dir of mp redirected to a network nas and all my pcs read the config form it, but after install fanart handler the starup time is too long, It seems that every time mp start, the fanart plugin read all the fanart files...

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hi huma2000,

Thank you for your feedback. Next version (1.10) will load these initial tasks as a separate thing and will not be done as now prior to loading the plugin. My own tests show good improvements in startup time.

best regards
    cul8er

huma2000

Portal Pro
    December 1, 2006
    Murcia, Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

That's good news!! thanks for the great work!! now I'm awaiting the next version....

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France

Hi cul8er,

I didn't test it yet the new version, but i can test this evening, i don't know if you know this issue : i try to decribe, we have talk (Homey, Trevor and me on IRC) :

In streamedMP, we can choose what backdrop can appear when we go on RADIO or other choice in home screen, but here it's on RADIO, if we choose the directory C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\Skin Fanart\movies and if we don't have Moving Picture Database, the backdrop take the right picture that we have in this directory.

But we remark that if we have a database for Moving pictures, it doesn't take the picture in this directory but the picture that contain the database.
    Also, if we choose another directory games etc, it's working even with Moving Picture Database, it's only append with Skin Fanart\movies directory
    I hope that you understand what i try to explain lol.

Thank you,
    Cheers,
    Seb.

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Hi cul8er.

I am seeing this error in the fanarthandler.log, does not seem to stop it working but guess it should not be happening.

This was on a clean install on Fanart handler V1.9 (though did it before on 1.8), complete uninstall, delete of DB/ORG files and the whole skin fanart dir then a fresh install of the plugin.

It happens where entering a music screen, not sure if this is a plugin of skin issue. I attached the actual log and the fanartHandler.xml config file.

Thanks

30-Apr-2010 19:45:28 Error [ DatabaseManager]: getHigResFanart: SQLite.NET.SQLiteException: SQLiteClient: FanartHandler.db3 cmd:sqlite3_prepare16:pvm=null err:ERROR detailed:near ",": syntax error query:confused:ELECT Id, Artist, Disk_Image, Source_Image, Type, Source FROM Music_Fanart WHERE Artist IN (,'') AND Enabled = 'True' AND Type = 'MusicFanart';
    at SQLite.NET.SQLiteClient.ThrowError(String statement, String sqlQuery, SqliteError err)
    at SQLite.NET.SQLiteClient.Execute(String query)
    at FanartHandler.DatabaseManager.getHigResFanart(String artist, String type)
    30-Apr-2010 19:45:28 Error [ DatabaseManager]: getFanart: SQLite.NET.SQLiteException: SQLiteClient: FanartHandler.db3 cmd:sqlite3_prepare16:pvm=null err:ERROR detailed:near ",": syntax error query:confused:ELECT Id, Artist, Disk_Image, Source_Image, Type, Source FROM Music_Fanart WHERE Artist IN (,'') AND Enabled = 'True';
    at SQLite.NET.SQLiteClient.ThrowError(String statement, String sqlQuery, SqliteError err)
    at SQLite.NET.SQLiteClient.Execute(String query)
    at FanartHandler.DatabaseManager.getFanart(String artist, String type)

Attachments

• FanartHandler.xml
      30.6 KB

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hi Sebastiii,

Thanks for your feedback but I don't really understand.

Can you please provide a step by step guide on how to reproduce this. What is the expected outcome and what is the actual outcome.

I'm sure this is a bug and something that we can resolve if I get a good understanding of the issue.

best regards
    cul8er

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France

Hi cul8er,

I'll make a Guide today or this evening :)
    Thanks to answer me :)
    Cheers,
    Sebastiii.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Can you please provide a step by step guide on how to reproduce this. What is the expected outcome and what is the actual outcome.

Hi cul8er,

I'm using StreamedMP skin so what i've done is the following:

1. Make sure you've got MovingPictures plugin installed & configured (including fanart)
    2. Put a few backdrops in 'Skin Fanart \ movies' folder
    3. add 'MyRadio' to basichome menu (StreamedMP Editor) and configure random fanart from 'Skin Fanart \ movies' directory
    4. Notice that the incorrect Fanart is shown on BasicHome.

If i put the Radio Fanart in the 'Skin Fanart \ games' folder, i don't have this problem, but it seems that the combination of MovingPictures (dB) & 'movies' folder don't go well together.

I've been using these settings for a few months now, and since RC2 this problem occured. With RC1 i didn't have this issue.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hi,

So you are using the movie folder for radio? If so, yes that is a problem because the movie folder is used as the movie fanart base for many plugins (like onlinevideos, myVideos). Just like the music option is the base for music (selected music, played music).

In short: the movie fanart option includes fanart from the movie folder, fanart from tvseries and fanart from moving pictures.

This is by design ;)

If you start using the movie folder for radio you will not be able to add skin support for selected movies in plugins like onlinevideos, myVideos, recordedtv.

best regards
    cul8er

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom