Fanart Handler Plugin v2.1.1 (and music fanart scraper) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariusau

Portal Pro
July 27, 2008
Trondheim
Home Country
Norway Norway
Re: Fanart Handler Plugin v1.0 (and music fanart scraper)

As userjan says, works like a charm. MP has never looked as good.
Thanks for a great skin and a plugin to make it look even better.

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea

hi guys ,

just upload to htbackdrops 50% of my fanart so i thing you better sceen fanart handler again ....;)

see her ...http://htbackdrops.com/search.php?search_user=ysMP
    wheen i will find some more time i will upload the rest ....

@ cul8er i thing maby if you can mack the max fanart from 6 pic' to maby 8 or 10 some artist ,with my fanart and the one that
    was thiir more then 10 fanart ....:D

Thank you for Excelent plugin ...

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

Bravo, ysmp ... nice collection!

I hope the fanart scraper can find them with the trailing number.

I agree also, that the max limit be extended.

May I suggest, that when an image is added to HTBackdrops... the file name to upload can be unchanged, but the name you give it in the name field be just the artist/group name with no extra numbers or text. Sometimes the scraper skips those because they aren't a close enough match.... from what I can tell.

regards,

Chuck

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hi ysmp,

Very nice collection byt as 2BitSculptor say. The name should be without the trailing numbers according to htbackdrop naming. If possible you should change on htbackdrops.

best regards
    cul8er

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Issue 16: Enhancement Request - Avoid downloading duplicate/similar images

Not sure if I should request this or not, because some might argue that it is up to htbackdrops to remove similar images. Anyways I'll post this for discussion anyway.

Currently the plugin often downloads the same image multiple times, because either the same image is duplicated on htbackdrops, or the same image is present in multiple resolutions. Anyways there are free tools that can analyse the jpegs and remove duplicates. Maybe this can be integrated into a future version perhaps?

Similar Images Finder - finds similar and duplicate images in your collection
    ABC-View In-depth Article: How to find similar images
    Find duplicate photos, find duplicate images, find duplicate pictures - Visual Similarity Duplicate Image Finder

The plugin would either choose the best version or prompt the user to choose which version (s)he wants to use, then it would have to tell the plugin not redownload that image in the future.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hi Everyone,

Can you please help me and post issues and feature requests in this link (Issues - fanart-handler - Project Hosting on Google Code). I will not be able to handle this otherwise. I'm allready starting to loose track of issues. Hence, I will only focus on issues reported in the mentioned link from now on. Hope for your understanding and help;)

best regards
    cul8er

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Been using the fanart plugin for a while now, fantastic work mate. Makes nowplaying music screen a lot better, cheers!

I think there maybe some bugs related to music playlist artist fanart, it doesn't seem to change properly on UP/DOWN
    Not sure of the exact behaviour, but it doesn't change instantly sometimes, sometimes it shows wrong artist, sometimes it shows the correct artist then fades to wrong artist, sometimes it shows correct artist then fades to nothing, then fades to a correct artist again.

Some artists seem to frequently work better than others, but its kinda intermittent so not sure where the problem lies.

EDIT: Actually i think I know what the bug is. If you have music playing and then browse the playlist, it works really badly. If you stop the music then browse the playlist it seems to work a lot better, altho it still will sometimes fade to blank if you leave it on a single artist for a prolonged period of time. Also I have noticed that if you scroll through the playlist very slowly while a track is playing you only get artist fanart image for every 2nd artist in the playlist.

NB - By fade to blank, i mean it doesn't display a picture, and I can see the default background image that sits below the fanart handler images.

Issue 19: Enhancement Request - Prefer Fanart over MP Artist Thumb

Current Behaviour

Option to use MP Artist/Album thumbs for fanart exists
    Option to only use MP Artist/Album thumbs if Resolution > XXX
    Option to only use MP Aritst/Album thumbs if Aspect Ratio = Wide

This is great because some artists don't have any fanart, so it's really good to have the option to use the MP Artist thumb.

However - Sometimes you have a couple of scraped fanart images AND the MP Artist thumb is greater than the minimun resolution (But of course it's not as nice as true fanart). In this situation it would be good to have the option to only use the fanart image.

This can be achieved to ways

1. Add an additional option to the configuration screen

[X] Only use artist thumb when no fanart is available

(OR)

2. Change the existing wording from:

Selected Fanart Sources
    [ ] MP Artist Thumbs
    [ ] MP Album Thumbs
    [ ] Music Fanart Directory

to:
    [ ] Use MP Artist Thumb if fanart not available
    [ ] Use MP Album Thumb if fanart not available
    [ ] Music Fanart Directory

EDIT: Sorry I just noticed another bug:

I think if you have both Scrape All Artists and Scrape Now Playing both enabled at the same time, then you do your intial scrape, and at the same time you use the now playing function to grab artists then it tends to double up and go over the number of images per artist limit.

dihoff

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

hi,

i'm really pleased someone has taken the time to come up with this one!

i am however experiencing a problem that a few other users have reported... i don't seem to getting fanart - my log is essentially the same as the one posted by 'treponem' in that it's reporting "no such table" many times over.

seems like something's missing in the SQL file... does this have to do with the version of MP i'm/we're running? i'm on 1.0.2.

cheers,

dh.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

hi,

i'm really pleased someone has taken the time to come up with this one!

i am however experiencing a problem that a few other users have reported... i don't seem to getting fanart - my log is essentially the same as the one posted by 'treponem' in that it's reporting "no such table" many times over.

seems like something's missing in the SQL file... does this have to do with the version of MP i'm/we're running? i'm on 1.0.2.

cheers,

dh.

Try reinstalling it. When you reinstall you have to manually delete the appdata/team mediaportal/mediaportal/thumbs/skinfanart directory. I had a problem earlier, I deleted the database and reinstalled the plugin, I still had problems, It seems that it was only after i deleted both the database and the skinfanart folder and then re-run the MPEI installer did it fix my problems.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

Hi ysmp,

Very nice collection but as 2BitSculptor say. The name should be without the trailing numbers according to htbackdrop naming. If possible you should change on htbackdrops.

best regards
    cul8er

just to repeat myself (from an earlier edit)

Registered users of HTBackdrops can edit or delete their own submissions.

- Go to HTBackdrops
    - make sure you're signed in
    - find an image you submitted.
    - click on your name (in parentheses)
    - select view all images submitted by you
    - select an image to edit/delete (I usually open it in another tab so I don't lose my spot)
    - under the image there are options to edit or delete the image.

Best regards,

Chuck

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom