Fanart Handler Plugin v2.1.1 (and music fanart scraper) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigermad

Portal Member
November 30, 2008
Re: Fanart Handler Plugin v1.0 (and music fanart scraper)

I am using this with streamedmp on 1.1. The now playing screen works great but I cannot get fanart to appear when I browse my music. I have tried the 1.1 release of this and the new rc version. Is it a problem with the handler or streamed mp?

I have tried deleting the database and thumbs as suggested in other posts before I reinstall but it has made no difference.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Could be one of 3 problems

1. id3tags not correct
    2. streamedmp skin files error
    3. fanart handler plugin problem.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

you know way i ask ?...:D abut the idea to mack ,to play slideshow picture with music ...

I added this to the issue tracker, as I thought it was a good idea too

Issue 65: Enhancement - Now Playing Picture Slideshow
    1. Ability to definite picture slideshow directory
    2. Ability to automatically recurse subdirectories inside that folder
    3. Ability to define a toggle skin control that turns picture slideshow on/off in the nowplaying xml skin file
    4. When the toggle is off nowplaying screen behaves as per normal
    5. When the toggle is on, instead of showing nowplaying fanart it displays random slides from the picture slideshow directory
    Obviously you'd have to make sure the picture slideshow doesn't appear in
    the music playing overlay for the other screens.

Kiwi

I've got a random slideshow running while music is playing in my test version of BleazleWide. I downloaded a free screensaver from here: The Nostalgic Screensaver (Very easy to set up & has "Ken Burns" kind of effects too). Then used the MultiShortcut plugin to configure a button which I've added to the "Now Playing" screen (see the screenshot below) which uses a "plugin is enabled" tag.

Seems to work nicely so far :) As you can see I've incorporated the FanArt plugin too :D :D

Attachments

• slide.jpg
      slide.jpg
      70.5 KB

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

ahh very nice. but if we can have the background image as a slideshow then we can retain the current playing track information as well as the ability to pause/ffwd/rrwd etc.

nyt

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

posted a bug on the google code page. this plugin really eats cpu when playing video causing issues.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

posted a bug on the google code page. this plugin really eats cpu when playing video causing issues.

Here's the info that I posted for HTPCInfo plugin author to help him to fix similar video playback quality degration issue.

1) Process() method overloading should be done as less as possible (only handle messaging between MP and the plugin there). On every single video frame rendering the Process() is run thru and if there is some code paths that cause few ms delays it could already cause dropped frame(s). We have only 20ms per frame time for the video decoding, running process() code, trying to match the v-sync, rendering the video frame and on top of that OSD etc. So, use as less code that runs in MPMain thread (easy to see if you put logging into every method, MP will log the used thread)

2) All non-critical background processing should be halted when MP is palying a video (g_player should give this info)

3) All background threads should be running lower priority that the MP itself, this will give smoother GUI animations etc.

dangerzone

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2009
    delft
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Help please..

see log.

Attachments

• fanarthandler.zip
      30.6 KB

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Fanart Handler Plugin v1.3 Now Available

Hi,

Fanart Handler version 1.3 is now available. A lot has happend since last version (1.0). Please see the change log in the installation guide for more information on new features and bug fixes since version 1.0.

Please read the Installation Guide for installation/upgrade instructions.

The user guide is updated and available here link

Requirements
    • MediaPortal ;)
    • The Fanart Handler Plugin ;)
    • A skin that supports the Fanart Handler.
    NOTE! This plugin only supports JPG images.

Supported Skins
    Please let me know if your skin supports the Fanart Handler and I will add it to the list

Report Issues
    Please use this issue list to report any issues related to this plugin (link). This thread is getting longer and longer and I try to support this plugin at the same time as working on the x-factor skin so I'm not able to support your issue reports unless you use the issue list. I hope you support me on this;)

Download
    Fanart Handler, version 1.3

Best Regards
    cul8er

nyt

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

fixed the performance bug, thanks =]

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Uninstall

Just run the MPI installer which will remove the files it installed, such as the fanarthandler.dll in MediaPortal program plugins folder, and the temporary files stored in the thumbs\Skin Fanart folders.

NOTE! You must delete the the fanarthandler.db3 file manually from the [userdata]\database folder since it is not installed by the MPI installer but created by the plugin after installation.

Should the installer create a blank fanarthandler.db3 on installation? (If the file doesn't already exist)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom