Fanart Handler Plugin v2.2.4.301 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Yes this is a skin issue. Wrong height on some images in the Backdrops skin. Will fix;) Thanks for reporting.

cheers
    cul8er

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Fanart Handler Plugin v2.2.4.301 PosY

I'm having an issue with fanart backgrounds PosY not working.

I am mod'ing the Default Wide skin to a 960x720 sized skin. I can adjust the width and height of the fanart just fine (to 960x540), but PosY displays at 0 when I change it to 90. There is no issue with the MovingPictures or TVSeries fanart adjustments, they work as expected, so it seems it isn't a skin engine or skin issue.

I haven't tried adjusting PosX to see if anything happens.

Hope you can find /fix the problem. :)

Chuck

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm using MP 1.1.3 and FanArt Handler 2.2.4.301.

I have two issues regarding BasicHome:

The Fanart on BasicHome is changing randomly as desired, but when I am somewhere else than in BasicHome and then go back to it, I always see the same first Fanart. (The consecutive images are randomly, just the first one is always the same.) This happens for all menu items for which random Fanart is selected (e.g. Series, Movies, ..). It also happens after minimizing movies to overlay Basic Home.

Another problem occurs with maximizing the movie: It works fine as long as the first Fanart is shown (in BasicHome), but for the others, it does not, i.e. the overlay cannot be maximized back to normal view mode.

Thanks for considering my remarks! If you wish, I can provide log files. Also, confirmation that this happens for other users is appreciated.

Kind regards,
    Fischy667

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi 2BitSculptor,

Thanks for your feedback. This cannot be a FanartHandler issue. FanartHandler only provides the "link" to the image. Displaying and handling the image is done by MediaPortal. I think you need to report this as a MP bug.

Remark: Are you using it like PosY? MP is case sensitive. It should be posY.

best regards
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi fischy667,

Thank you for your report. First image is cached to provide a fast MP experience. So this is a feature ;) and not a bug.

Another problem occurs with maximizing the movie: It works fine as long as the first Fanart is shown (in BasicHome), but for the others, it does not, i.e. the overlay cannot be maximized back to normal view mode.
    I don't understand what you mean by this. What skin are you using? Please explain some more so that I can help you.

best regards
    cul8er

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Remark: Are you using it like PosY? MP is case sensitive. It should be posY.

Damn! you are good... that was it. I don't remember changing that code, just the value.

Just checked the Default XML .... it is in error ("posx") I will report it in the Default Skin forum

:D and :sorry:

Chuck

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Good to know it is a feature and it makes sense, great!
    The second problem (maximizing movie) did not reoccur after restart, so everything is fine now.

Kind regards,
    Fischy667

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I have now released an update of this plugin for MP1.2 Beta users (will not work with MP1.1.x). See first post for download link.

Some major changes has been done in this version
    • New option in configuration of the plugin: Auto update of picture database (interval controlled by the "Scraper Interval" time). Enabling this option causes a rescan of your MP picture db for newly added pictures so that manual rescan in MP Config no longer is required.
    • New option in configuration of the plugin: Auto update of music database (interval controlled by the "Scraper Interval" time). Enabling this option causes a rescan of your MP music db for newly added pictures so that manual rescan in MP Config no longer is required. This works in the same way as the build in music reorg plugin but does not require you to have MP running.
    • Major optimization of the plugin.
    • Latest Media Picture now used thumbnail. Previously used the real image causing high memory usage.
    • Added a new property available when in myPics plugin called "#fanarthandler.picture.backdrop.selected". This you can use instead of the #selctedthumb to display a high quality backdrop of the selected picture.
    • Bug causing now fanart for movies with forbidden chars in titles for MyVideos is fixed.

best regards
    cul8er

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi cul8er - I am using FanartHandlerForMP1.2-Beta_2.2.5.505, and I have to say how much I love it. Performance is so much better, and I love being able to use the selected picture instead of crappy #selectedthumb backdrop! ;)

I am still confused about TV windows though. I can display random TVSeries fanart no problem. But FH Wiki is not very clear what is supported where especially regarding TV fanart:
    1. Under Add Support For "Random" Images To A Skin File it says:
      useRandomTVUserFanart Enables cycling fanart from the tags "#fanarthandler.tv.backdrop1.selected" and "#fanarthandler.tv.backdrop2.selected"
    2. Then under Available Skin Tags it says:
      #fanarthandler.tv.userdef.backdrop1.any Use this tag anywhere in a skin for displaying random images from the "thumbs\Skin Fanart\UserDef\tv" folder.
      [*]#fanarthandler.tv.userdef.backdrop2.any Use this tag anywhere in a skin for displaying random images from the "thumbs\Skin Fanart\UserDef\tv" folder.
    :confused: Anyway, I tried every variation I could think of but I could not manage to display fanart from C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Skin FanArt\UserDef\tv folder.

What ever happened to Issue 57 - fanart-handler - Support for fanart handler in TV section - Fanart Handler for MediaPortal - Google Project Hosting ? It says it was done, but not implemented?

I guess my ideal wish would be to have selected fanart in TV windows that matched either movie or Tv show! :p

cruse

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Fanart Handler Plugin v2.2.4.301

Hi cul8ter,
    as reported in the Backdrop thread, I was able to reproduce the error and attached the logfile. It's in German and saying that an object reference wasn't assigned to an object instance.

Original post:

Bug 2) (seems Fanarthandler related, also happens in Maya)
    This is a toughie to report, because jameson_uk already sent me a file with a fix for listening to webstreams in music section, which will be included in next RC. Webstream artist information was not transferred into "Now Playing" screen.

But here is what happens:
    - When listening to webstreams in music section, next artist and track might not be locally available as fanart
    - Fanarthandler starts scraping (Backdrop displays progress percentage)
    - If Fanarthandler does not find fanart, might be due to net loss or artist not available, it goes to sleep and does not work for the whole music section from this point on, whether webstream or artist with images which are already there. Only restart of MP helps.

---

Log shows Fanarthandler found fanart, so the last assumption seems wrong.

Thanks

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom