Fanart Handler Plugin v2.2.4.301 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Fanart Handler Plugin v2.2.4.301

Hello.
    I just downloaded and tested the new version.

[*]If Fanarthandler does not find fanart, might be due to net loss or artist not available, it goes to sleep and does not work for the whole music section from this point on, whether webstream or artist with images which are already there. Only restart of MP helps.
    I did not recognises this issue before as I have 99,9% Backdrops for all my artists. I have try to reproduce this error with 507 but I can't. Seems to be solved.

[*]Now it is so that the background is changing up to 5 times in 5 seconds before a new background stays for longer.
    This is solved as I had this issue with latest release and now it's gone.

[*]Show fanart for selected tv show
    Did it sometimes and sometimes not. I actually only have 2 TV Series in my Recordings folder, "H2O - just add water" called "H2O Plötzlich Meerjungfrau" in German. Here it works as expected. The other one is Eureka in German called "Eureka - Die geheime Stadt". Here it doesn't work. Maybe it is as I have two episodes of H2O with creates a "Virtual Subfolder" in the list without episodes title in the name. At Eureka I only have one episode, so there's no such "Virtual Subfolder". But if I browse the two episodes of H2O with episodes title in name, there is a backdrop on highlighted episode. Hope you understand what I mean. My English is not that good if it comes to such difficult to describe issues. If necessary I can upload some screenshots.

[*]UpdatePropertiesRandom: System.InvalidOperationException
    Can't test that, sorry.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    First, like Lehmden, 2.2.5.507 is working well for me. No more quick cycling of several images. Nice work!

I still don't get TV Fanart for all Recorded TV Shows, and there is nothing in the log about it at all. But attached it anyways ;)

I have not run into the issue due to net loss or artist not available yet, but it does happen to me sometimes so next time it does I will report with log.

every time I update FH it generates a new version to index it, but keeps the old one.
    Do you mean a new version in the database or physically on disk?
    It creates a new physical copy on disk. I know it is very strange. But no worries. I think the best solution is to just restore my original user fanart. The only one I will have to redo is the Music Scraper :(. Then I will try to watch more carefully and let you know exactly when this recurs. There is not enough info at present to figure out anything.

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I uploaded a full log on error level.
    MP was overnight on BasicHome on TVSeries.

There is no other line before that. The logs starts with that.

Now it is so that the background is changing up to 5 times in 5 seconds before a new background stays for longer.

Edit: Now I wanted to create a new log on debug level, the error is still there but is not shown in the log anymore. Strange
    But I have prove, see attached video.

Edit 2: New log attached.

Edit 3: With Fanart Handler 2.2.4.502 I don't have this issue.

SOLVED :D

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi cruse,

Thanks for your log file. I added more debug info to the version you tested and think (hope) that I have solved the problem now.

Please test the attached version and let me know the result.

Thanks for all your help in tracking down this issue.

best regards
    cul8er

Attachments

• FanartHandler_2.2.5.508.rar
      217.3 KB

cruse

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Fanart Handler Plugin v2.2.4.301

No problem at all, I'm the one to thank.

I made about 30 station changes and fanarthandler still works like a charm. Would have been highly unlikely with an earlier revision, seems like you indeed fixed it for good, thanks!

Just to make sure, I'll let it run for the next ~2 hours.

Do you still need a logfile?

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Fanart Handler Plugin v2.2.4.301

Hi cul8er!

I have a very strange issue with FH (Backdrop 0.6)! With FH enabled share view in MyMusic isn't working! If i try to open the music root folder, i get very high CPU usage for a long time and nothing happens! At the moment, MP hangs since 15 min without any log entry! With defaultwide i have the same issue! If i disable FH, all is working as exspected!

FanartHandler.xml, MediaPortal.log and fanarthandler.log are attached! I hope, you can help!

Best regards

Helsio

Attachments

• FanartHandler.xml
      1.9 KB

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Helios61,

Thank you for your report. Can you please try the same with the version attached in post 44 in this thread and see if the same issue exist.

Also please describe step by step what you are doing to get this as currently I have a hard time reproducing this problem.

Thank you in advance.

best regards
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

First page is now updated with download link to FanartHandler version 2.2.5.509 for MediaPortal 1.2 Beta. Contains bugfixes for the problems reported since version 2.2.5.505.

best regards
    cul8er

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Fanart Handler Plugin v2.2.4.301

Hi Helios61,

Thank you for your report. Can you please try the same with the version attached in post 44 in this thread and see if the same issue exist.

Also please describe step by step what you are doing to get this as currently I have a hard time reproducing this problem.

Thank you in advance.

best regards
    cul8er

Hi cul8er!

Issue is solved with the version attached in post 44 and with Backdrop 0.7!

Big Thanks for your effort!

Helios

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    hi cul8er

I am having an issue with selected fanart in Scorecenter. It was working great before, and I am sorry I did not notice which test version it stopped working in but in 2.2.5.509 it does not display. Same skin xml that was working before and I tried a couple of skins with same results. I don't get any message in any logs :confused:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom