Fanart Handler Plugin v2.2.4.301 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MP 1.2 Beta
    StreamedMP
    Fanart Handler 2.2.5.505

On BasicHome with random fanart activated, it seems that during the switch of two backgrounds, a third background is shown for a short time.

In the fanarthandler log this line comes again and again.

20-May-2011 03:58:24 Error [ FanartRandom]: UpdatePropertiesRandom: System.InvalidOperationException: Die Auflistung wurde geändert. Der Enumerationsvorgang kann möglicherweise nicht ausgeführt werden.
    bei System.Collections.Hashtable.HashtableEnumerator.MoveNext()
    bei FanartHandler.FanartRandom.UpdatePropertiesRandom()

The german part means something like: "The collection has changed. Enumeration operation may not execute."

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Dadeo
    Pleas use these properties (the same as if you want to display fanart for selected movie);
    #fanarthandler.music.backdrop1.selected and #fanarthandler.music.backdrop1.selected

Will display any fanart that has been automatically scraped by myVideos, MovingPictures, TVSeries or that you manually add the the ""thumbs\Skin Fanart\UserDef\movie" folder.

cruse
    I will investigate and get back to you.

fischy667
    Can you please include 20 lines before and after the error please.

best regards
    cul8er

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I uploaded a full log on error level.
    MP was overnight on BasicHome on TVSeries.

There is no other line before that. The logs starts with that.

Now it is so that the background is changing up to 5 times in 5 seconds before a new background stays for longer.

Edit: Now I wanted to create a new log on debug level, the error is still there but is not shown in the log anymore. Strange
    But I have prove, see attached video.

Edit 2: New log attached.

Edit 3: With Fanart Handler 2.2.4.502 I don't have this issue.

Attachments

• error.avi
      4.4 MB

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Pleas use these properties (the same as if you want to display fanart for selected movie);
    #fanarthandler.music.backdrop1.selected and #fanarthandler.music.backdrop1.selected

Will display any fanart that has been automatically scraped by myVideos, MovingPictures, TVSeries or that you manually add the the ""thumbs\Skin Fanart\UserDef\movie" folder.
    Thanks! I have it working, sort of. It finds movie fanart fine, but TV Fanart from TVSeries is not always working. For example, Dexter - I have several fanart images in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Fan Art\fanart\original - 79349-5.jpg, 79349-9.jpg, 79349-21.jpg, 79349-27.jpg, 79349-35.jpg but none of them display when I highlight Dexter in Recorded TV.

I have several recordings of Dexter episodes, so they are all in a folder. But the fanart does not display for either the folder or the episodes. I even copied them to C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Skin FanArt\UserDef\tv and renamed them Dexter (1).jpg etc, but still no joy. :(

When I have a folder of episodes and highlight the 'up' item (i.e. "[..]") it displays my fanart for Inception ;)

Fanarthandler.log attached, but it does not appear to say anything about it.

EDIT: I should have mentioned, SOME TV Series fanart works, such as for 'Lie to Me'. Also, some of my recorded TV hav e thumbs and some don't. Lie to Me does, but Dexter doesn't. May be related?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi cul8er. Since updating to 2.2.5.505 I am now getting the same or similar issue to fischy667. On Random fanart often one image will stay for a while, then 2,3 or more fanart images will flash in quick succession. I did not make any changes to Basic Home and it was working fine in 2.2.4.502 same as fischy667. This happens on any skin I try that uses Random fanart. Although it seems to be worse the more fanart images\paths are used.

I reverted to 2.2.4.502 and all is fine again.

P.S. Somehow (I think during testing and restoring db etc) I get tons of duplicate images, especially movies (not MovPics) and Music. It is not scraping them, something is copying them. Because even if I have modified an image it gets duplicated so I know it is not another download of the same image. It looks like this may occur when db is reindexing? In any case, is there any way I can easily get rid of all the duplicates? Thanks!

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Dadeo,

Thanks for your feedback. About duplicated images. FH does not scrape movies ??? Please let me know in what directories you have duplicates.

br
    cul8er

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi cul8er yeah I know FH does not scrape movies, but I have duplicates of all my userdef fanart! As far as I can tell, every time I update FH it generates a new version to index it, but keeps the old one. As I said, I have done a lot of testing, so sometimes I have removed db and sometimes not.

Examples:
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Skin FanArt\UserDef\tv:
    • Supernatural.jpg
    • supernatural (27802).jpg

C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Skin FanArt\UserDef\scorecenter
    • Cricket.jpg
    • cricket (64443).jpg

C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Skin FanArt\UserDef\movies
    I have four copies of every movie fanart image e.g.
    • killers (21917).jpg
    • killers (26187).jpg
    • killers (55745).jpg
    • killers (77914).jpg

In every case, they are the same images, same resolution, same modified dates and same modified images - they are fanarts I created, found or modified myself. I do not have any duplicates in UserDef Games, Plugins or Pictures folders.

I also have duplicates of Music images in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Skin FanArt\Scraper\music. I do not mean the duplicates that sometimes get downloaded. I mean each image has 2-4 copies with the same modified date, resolution etc. Just a new file name, same as above.

I don't have any fanart in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Skin FanArt\Scraper\movies yet.

What did I do wrong? But more to the point, how do I fix it and prevent it from happening again?

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Dadeo,

I will investigate but cannot reproduce this. FH does not have any functions for creating or copying images that you have on disk... so strange... it only reads your disk and imports images into it's db.

every time I update FH it generates a new version to index it, but keeps the old one.
    Do you mean a new version in the database or physically on disk?

cheers
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Dadeo, fischy667 & cruse,

Can you please test the attached version and see if this solves your problems with;
    • If Fanarthandler does not find fanart, might be due to net loss or artist not available, it goes to sleep and does not work for the whole music section from this point on, whether webstream or artist with images which are already there. Only restart of MP helps.
    • Now it is so that the background is changing up to 5 times in 5 seconds before a new background stays for longer.
    • Show fanart for selected tv show
    • UpdatePropertiesRandom: System.InvalidOperationException

Please let me know how this works out for you.

best regards
    cul8er

Attachments

• FanartHandler_2.2.5.507.rar
      216.8 KB

cruse

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Fanart Handler Plugin v2.2.4.301

Hi cul8ter,
    thanks for looking into the problem, but sadly the error is still there. Logfile attached.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom