Fanart Handler Plugin v3.0.9.000 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Up! :coffee: Any news?

Hi ajs,

Truth is with the original developer AWOL for quite a while now and Seb having less time than he used to plus the fact the source code for the latest version wasn't made available I really can't see this plugin going anywhere any time soon..

We either need

1. A dedicated dev to decompile and "fix up" the code (IIRC Seb said there were some bits he couldn't get working) so it can be taken forward.

2. A new plugin to be developed from scratch.

3. Basic fanart functionality to be added to MP core.

Not sure any of these are likely for now.

Wo0zy

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    A dedicated dev to decompile and "fix up" the code (IIRC Seb said there were some bits he couldn't get working) so it can be taken forward.
    Author missing? Not available? Or he just does not give a source?

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Another frustrating thing is that I seem to recall at one point @jameson_uk was actually talking about adding basic fanart scraping to the core music section and there was quite a discussion between him and cul8r about it.

Sadly jameson_uk has now also retired so there's no chance of reviving his idea:(. I don't recall if the work was even started.

On the positive side MP is still a great product in so many ways but on the negative side pretty much every other HTPC solution out there (the "dead and buried" WMC excluded) considers fanart to be an important feature. Wish I had the time and more importantly the skills to do something about this but neither will materialise any time soon :(.

Wo0zy

Last edited:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    was actually talking about adding basic fanart scraping to the core music section
    Just download the required files is not a problem :censored:, I can add in MePoTools. In principle, MePoTools already so backdrops for music download can :coffee:. But here's the rest of the functionality I can not add. :cool:[DOUBLEPOST=1415744540][/DOUBLEPOST]How about decompile source?

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    I' m sure @Sebastiii would give you what he has. If he hasn't still got access I can have a go at decompiling ( did it for another closed source plugin which I won't name ;)).

What functionality in particular are you talking about? Forgive me but I haven't really played with MePo Tools much (yet). Did I read somewhere that it was a Delphi app? If so I guess it's stand alone and runs from maybe the system tray rather than as an actual MP plugin? Is that where you see the problem?

Sorry if I'm off the mark here. Just curious about what you're thinking :).

Wo0zy.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I still think that adding support for fanart.jpg in addition to folder.jpg to MePo core to always show a backdrop when an item is displayed that resides in it's own folder/directory would go a long way towards not relying on a plugin that's abandoned. Sadly, I'm no developer, so I can't write a patch.

Emph

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Did I read somewhere that it was a Delphi app?
    Yes. :coffee:
    If so I guess it's stand alone and runs from maybe the system tray rather than as an actual MP plugin?
    Yes. :coffee:
    Is that where you see the problem?
    The main problem is to show the correct fanart in the skins. MePoTools such can not. Download pictures and lay them on the desired folder, no problem. Work together with other plugins in the same impossible.

Very frustrating to try to understand this decompiled code...
    Maybe put it in the repository, and there together to try to understand them and fix?[DOUBLEPOST=1415776999][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Forgive me but I haven't really played with MePo Tools much (yet)
    The tool is able to download images based on your databases. Both in manual and automatic mode. It is also able to monitor changes in the database and upload pictures to the newly added item. Do not depend on the media portal and can operate autonomously. At me work in monitoring mode on the NAS.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom