Fanart Handler Plugin v3.0.9.000 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    For me, Music has been the only issue, streaming music radio specifically. My music collection has already been culled.
    Do i understand you correct that, once you have your fanart collection (based on your music collection) ready, you don't want the scraping to continue when you play music or streaming radio? Is that the feature you're requesting?

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    For me, Music has been the only issue, streaming music radio specifically. My music collection has already been culled.
    Do i understand you correct that, once you have your fanart collection (based on your music collection) ready, you don't want the scraping to continue when you play music or streaming radio? Is that the feature you're requesting?

it is not.

... my music collection has not changed in some months, and fanart is no longer being scraped for that ... I have already disabled all the images I wish too for that. ... it is the newly scraped fanart (while media is being currently played) that I wish to be able to immediately disable when I see it diplayed (if I decide that it is something my grandchildren should not see).. and not have to stop playing the media, exit MP, start MP-Config and disable the fanart in Fanart config, exit config, start MP and continue playing media .... each time an undesirable image should display. (most of the time I end up turning off my TV display and play media without watching the fanart ... not what I want to do, either.)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    @2BitSculptor
    May be worth add this as a wish (so I do not forget). :whistle: https://code.google.com/p/mediaportal-fanart-handler/issues/list
    I'll try to do it in the next build. But if I'm confused in the code, I first will simplify the code. And then just add this feature.
    In the settings will be flag disables the newly added fanart. And then the pictures as they are added will be given the status is not available. :coffee:

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Disabling all new scraped images doesn't work for me either. It's the same inconvenience, forcing me to exit MP to manage images. I would probably not use the switch and continue to just turn off the TV display when the grandkids are visiting. I'm sorry.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Disabling all new scraped images doesn't work for me either. It's the same inconvenience, forcing me to exit MP to manage images. I would probably not use the switch and continue to just turn off the TV display when the grandkids are visiting. I'm sorry.
    Hmmm. Something I do not understand how then do you want? Button in the player that will toggle the status of new images? Or setting in the configuration that will serve as a flag for the new pictures are loaded when playing music / radio? Ie New images are available for display or not.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    If we can request features, I'd love to see and option to filter out backdrops for R-rated movies and TV-series. It's very annoying to have scary pictures displayed all of a sudden when you are about to watch something with your kids.

Emph

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    @2BitSculptor
    I do not know much English, and translator of helps me in this is just as bad. Possible as that in simple words. An example. Like algorithm?

@emphatic
    Music has no parent rating. :censored:

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Hmmm. Something I do not understand how then do you want? Button in the player that will toggle the status of new images? .

yes.... more a button (or menu item in skin) to toggle disable current displaying image, not switch in configurator.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'd love to see and option to filter out backdrops for R-rated movies and TV-series.
    Trakt has this option. I think it works system wide.
    Check the restrictions.
    upload_2014-11-20_21-34-56.png

I've used this in the past, and for the selected movies/series, it doesn't show fanart.
    Maybe it works for you also ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom