Fanart Handler Plugin v3.0.9.000 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Option in Configurator?
    Will affect the display of new images, the downloaded when playing? Or all new?
    This I think can be done. Even in two ways, do not download at all, new pictures at the moment of playing. Or download but depending on the options, assign them the status of disabled or not.

disable image option in MP GUI, while music is playing and new fanart is being scraped. Once I have set up the initial fanart configuration I rarely go back to it.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    since you are anyway looking at the functionality of FH, could you imagine to merge FH and your MePo Tools into a "New FH", which runs the whole spectrum of information? I am not sure about the internals of MePo but there seems to be quite some overlap with the MusicInfoHandler too.
    I do not know C#, time well understand it not. So I unlikely moved the entire functionality. But support fanart.tv think I will do. If understand the logic inside.[DOUBLEPOST=1416420351][/DOUBLEPOST]
    uses fanart.tv also, so i assume we have 1?
    MePoTools also uses it, but I think that 2-3 project should not use the same key.

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    :coffee:

Hi ajs,

Truth is with the original developer AWOL for quite a while now and Seb having less time than he used to plus the fact the source code for the latest version wasn't made available I really can't see this plugin going anywhere any time soon..

We either need

1. A dedicated dev to decompile and "fix up" the code (IIRC Seb said there were some bits he couldn't get working) so it can be taken forward.

2. A new plugin to be developed from scratch.

3. Basic fanart functionality to be added to MP core.

Not sure any of these are likely for now.

Wo0zy

Looks like I was totally wrong :D.

You guys are the best (y)!

@ajs will install and test your latest version ASAP. Been away for the last few days and have to catch up on a few things.

Thanks again to all involved in this revival. I really think this work is invaluable to the project!

Cheers,

Wo0zy.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Worst of all, I still do not understand how the plugin works. :cool:
    And why in the log file is not is being written in Unicode, although the specification and documentation should. :mad:

Last edited:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Beta Version 4.0.0.48 :whistle:
    Works fine so far ;) (y)
    Log is filled with this:

20-Nov-2014 13:56:25 Error [ Scraper]: HTML: Error retrieving html for: http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/2.0/?method=album.getInfo&autocorrect=1&api_key=***&artist=Sandro&album=4 Grandes de Baladas
    20-Nov-2014 13:56:25 Error [ Scraper]: System.Net.WebException: Der Remoteserver hat einen Fehler zurückgegeben: (400) Ungültige Anforderung.
    bei System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
    bei FanartHandler.Scraper.GetHtml(String strURL, String& strHtml)

but seems it´s only when no match was found for the requested artist/album.
    I think in the final this should be suppressed ;)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    disable image option in MP GUI, while music is playing and new fanart is being scraped. Once I have set up the initial fanart configuration I rarely go back to it.
    Only for Music? Or for All new images (Movies, TVSeries, User Defs etc)?

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Only for Music? Or for All new images (Movies, TVSeries, User Defs etc)?

For me, Music has been the only issue, streaming music radio specifically. My music collection has already been culled. I don't think it would be a problem to have the function in the other sections, although probably not used frequently, some parents might appreciate it..

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom