Fanart in Music doesn't work (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Of course, all files are proper tagged..
    Hhm... some typos.Singer's name is Alannah Myles, not Atlannah.
    Myles.JPG

For the rest no problems here :). Just three examples to show successful downloading on my system:

Ex1.JPG Ex2.JPG Ex3.JPG

So the issue must be on your system.

Last edited:

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hhm... some typos.Singer's name is Alannah Myles, not Atlannah.
    Ok, Alannah Myles does not work, because of Typo. Thanks for the hint. Have changed and still doesn't work :(.

For the rest no problems here :). Just three examples to show successful downloading on my system:
    So the issue must be on your system.
    Nice, that is really gratifying (y)(y) and very helpfully.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you verify your import settings please? Both first and second run setup: what sources and which options are ticked in each case?

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you verify your import settings please? Both first and second run setup: what sources and which options are ticked in each case?
    @henso already confirmed that no artists are scraped. I agree with him, that probably this is the reason for not scraped fanart. Settings screenshots are attached. Why do you have decided that this isn't a bug? I assume because it is working for you. Nice, but IMO it isn't a solid basis for such a decision.

Attachments

• Screenshot_004.jpg
      Screenshot_004.jpg
      75.2 KB
    • Screenshot_005.jpg
      Screenshot_005.jpg
      75.7 KB
    • Screenshot_006.jpg
      Screenshot_006.jpg
      73.9 KB
    • Screenshot_007.jpg
      Screenshot_007.jpg
      73.3 KB
    • Screenshot_008.jpg
      Screenshot_008.jpg
      73.3 KB
    Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Henso already confirmed that no artists are scraped.
    Where did he do this based on the files that you provided?

Why do you have decided that this isn't a bug? I assume because it is working for you.
    And for @ge2301. At this time I consider this a support question but will of course classify it as a bug if it can be reproduced by us.

Can you please play a little bit with the import filters and settings: currently you haven't selected anything. For example tick the artist to see if this makes any difference. Also untick the caching so that pictures are always retrieved from the original server source.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ideally you would run a test with my settings, which we have found to work. If it then works for you, we can narrow it down to some of the setting things (I would suspect the network caching). If it doesn't, then your system is messed up and I would suggest that you delete all your settings both on server and client and redo them.

If you're OK, I'll provide mine this evening.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you had read the whole thread, you should have noticed, that i've provided logs in Post #1
    I don't doubt that no fanart is downloaded on your system, since I can read as well as henso. But henso commented based on your initial report - not on a test that he ran with sample files that you uploaded later. In light of this please judge your own answer to me.

Now I have proven that I am getting fanart with your files. So what do you want to tell me here? That my positive results don't count because the are not meeting your expectations?

Again, before I classify something as bug, I want things to be explored in depth and have given you advice how to proceed. Your choice.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Working settings on my system are:

Online info: Audio Info + Fanart
    Online sources: TheAudioDB + Fanart.tv
    Online sources 1st: TheAudioDB
    Cache: nothing selected
    Filter criteria: all three selected

Sugegst that you give this a try. This will either yield fanart or not. Next steps will depend on your results.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Working settings on my system are:
    Online info: Audio Info + Fanart
    Online sources: All available.
    Online sources 1st: Nothing (I only want to allow ID3 tags for first import)
    Cache: All available.
    Filter criteria: Artist

After the first importer run I don't have any artist metadata, as expected. ID3 tags don't hold artist metadata... For artists with locally available fanart (about 30% atm, but increasing) those local fanart is imported on first run.
    After second run of importer most of the missing Artist fanart is shown (not all artist have online fanart). And also metadata for most artist (as long as available online) shows up. For me all is working as it should. At least as good as it could when you need to rely on online data only.

I hardly can't wait to add all metadata for artist, albums and tracks to local .nfo files to get rid of any online grabbing inside MP2 completely as planed for MP2.2. In every other part of MP2 I can avoid online data grabbing, only in Audio there is a single part left where online grabbing is necessary, to get the artist metadata...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom