FanArt now avalible for My Videos and My Music ! (2 Viewers)

mirk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2006
    Växjö, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Just to give an update of the development.
    The FanArt pack is growing fast ( 300+ ). I will try to release a torrent or something in the near future.

carmenm

Portal Pro
    April 15, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    I love what you ve donem but could we make so that the fanart is in the thumbs/Fan Art/ dir like it is for TVSeries?

mirk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2006
    Växjö, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I love what you ve donem but could we make so that the fanart is in the thumbs/Fan Art/ dir like it is for TVSeries?

Yes, that would be great. But because FanArt is not official supported in MP. And this is a skin tweek, the skin must reach the FanArt images. And it can only reach the files in the Media folder of the skin that is used.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hallo again !
    I have been working on some more fanarts for My Movies.
    I decided to go with the filosofi we have for the FanArts on thetvdb.com for TVseries FanArt. I think this is the best way to go.

- 1280x720 or 1920x1080
    - No "hardcoded" vinjets. The skiner has to apply vinjets in the skin if its needed.
    - No predefined layout of the FanArt, like background gfx for description/plot text or dragged left/right/up/down to make place for a menu or something.
    - Keep it clean from titles as mutch as possible.

Thetvdb.com has a good wikipage describing this, please take a look. thetvdb.com FanArt Wiki page.

You can download the new FanArt Pack here.
    You can also download development pack containing the PSD files i use for creating the FanArt here.
    The development pack also containing a script that makes it very easy to export all FanArts to png all automatic.

Attach new version of MyVideoTitle.xml for SpinSafe 1080 that has support of the new FanArt format and some screens of the result.

EDIT: Forgot the vinjet texture. Download and place in the "Media" folder of SpinSafe 1080.

Please, could you prepare a vinjet texture for 4:3 skins?

Thanks!

Chuck

spuck

Community Skin Designer
    April 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'd suggest using IMDB number for movie fanarts.

And istead of using the media folder make a folder in the skins directory called "Fan Art" or something like that so when u change skins u dont have to copy over your fanart or have duplicated fanart for all your different skins.
    Ex:
    <texture>\..\..\Fan Art\#whatever.png</texture>

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    or in your MP directory where the cache is kept:

"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\FanArt\" etc. (or whatever) if the full path is provided?

Chuck

mirk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2006
    Växjö, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'd suggest using IMDB number for movie fanarts.

And istead of using the media folder make a folder in the skins directory called "Fan Art" or something like that so when u change skins u dont have to copy over your fanart or have duplicated fanart for all your different skins.
    Ex:
    <texture>\..\..\Fan Art\#whatever.png</texture>

Yes, the IMDB number would be the best, but do we have variable for that?

<texture>\..\..\FanArt\Video\#title.png</texture> Worked ! I did not know it was possible to go back in folder structures.
    You lurn something new every day i guess ;)

But sadly there has been a big setback, if you have alot of movies and not what much ram, the fanarts will not show for all movies.
    When you focus a movie the fanart is loaded to the RAM and when there is no more free ram, no more fanart can be added and the "new" movies not allredy added to the RAM will not have any fanart.
    This feels like a deal breaker for me, i think its better to wait until someone impliment real fanart support that works better.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Great work mirk.

But now I feel really stupid for coding all that stuff when "all" that would have been needed is some skin changes because the exact same idea would work in tvseries too (just use the tvdb.com id). :-(

carmenm

Portal Pro
    April 15, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    mirk: i understand, that s good as it is for now

Inker: personnaly i prefer your solution a lot especially because the fanart can be in the thumbs dir and so we dont have to duplicate for every skin.

mirk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2006
    Växjö, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Great work mirk.

But now I feel really stupid for coding all that stuff when "all" that would have been needed is some skin changes because the exact same idea would work in tvseries too (just use the tvdb.com id). :-(

Yes, but the way you handle this, the problem with the RAM is not there and its possible change fanart.
    And i think the fanart is loaded much faster in TVseries.

Please, could you prepare a vinjet texture for 4:3 skins?

Thanks!

Chuck

I think the vinjet that i use for spinsafe 1080 could be used in other 4:3 and 16:9 skins. Just laborate with diffrent values of
    Code:
                         <control>
    			  <description>vinjet</description>
    			  <id>1010</id>
    			  <type>image</type>
    			  <posx>0</posx>
    			  <posy>0</posy>
    			  [B]<width>2534</width>
    			  <height>1426</height>[/B]
    			  <texture>vinjet.png</texture>
    			  <visible>facadeview.list</visible>
    		   </control>