[FEATURE] CI menu support for TvServer (DE, KNC1, Technotrend, TwinHan...) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Okay works fine by simply adding these Implementations again.

Twinturbo

Portal Pro
    March 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Is Twinhan/Azurwave CI meny supported?

It works on free tv-channels in MP, but I want to decrypt Viasat Nordic from my original card with Dragon cam.

I guess It is Disaster's MP version of Mediaportal I should download if I want everything working as before? I have MP 1.0.2 on my HTPC now...

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No CI menu is not supported yet on your card. Unfortunately the menu functions must be implemented on each card seprarately.

But for "simple" descrambling the menu capability is not needed.

Twinturbo

Portal Pro
    March 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I need to be able to punch in the box id in the cam meny for my original viasat card to work. Is this supported with your CI menu?

I also need the update feature to install firmware on my Dragon cam and I cannot find that in the ordinary tv-server meny and dragon cam is the only cam that supports viasat original.

Maybe I can solve this in another way and use another satellite reciever (with extra cam slot) to get the cam working, but it would be great if this was supported in MP.

Can I support you in some way to get Twinhan working with this? In that case what do you need from me?

Thanks in advance!

Seemeister

April 22, 2009
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    hi morpheus !

I use your CI menu support since 5 months and it works with my KNC1 and MP V1.0.0 perfect - thank you. :D
    Can I update to MP V1.0.2 and works than Premiere with CI support again? Or need I for this update new files from you?
    I also dont understand how i can install a Pathfile file like "21703_ci_menu_mediaportal.patch"

the last question - without your modified Setup for tv-server and mediaportal it is not possible to watch premiere?

thank you very much.

Seemeister

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can I update to MP V1.0.2 and works than Premiere with CI support again? Or need I for this update new files from you?
    In 1.0.2 the CI menu is not yet included in "official" builds. You can wait for 1.1 alpha release coming soon, it will have it built-in :)

the last question - without your modified Setup for tv-server and mediaportal it is not possible to watch premiere?
    Seemeister

The unmodified version supports CAM also, but no interactive CI menu. So if your CAM / SmartCard is able to handle premiere it should work in MP also ;)

Morpheus

AIstudio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2007
    Blackpool
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi morpheus_xx,
    Please forgive me here as I am very new to this satellite stuff.
    I just installed a 90cm triax with 4LNB's on. In my media pc I have a Hauppauge NovaT500 twin FreeView tuner and also a Hauppauge S2 card for the satellite.
    This weekend I got hold of a CI from Hauppauge on USB, Setanta cam and card. I also bought an Al Jazeera card with a new Via access cam.
    I had a few problems with media portal and WinTV HD co existing at the same time on my build with VISTA x 64. I had been trying a few versions of WinTV and thought that codec's etc had been messed up. I decided to do a fresh install of VISTA and drivers. I then put in Wintv v7 HD and had the cams working ok in there after a rescan on the Freeview and Satellite.
    In Media portal I cant get the TV server to recognize the cam at all and it just comes up with Default and another.

I will do some trying various things tonight but I take it that the Hauppauge CI isn't supported??

I had a look at the Wiki and it was then that I realized that I may not get things working In MP unless I got a dragon cam (trex) or something like that to put my Setanta or Al Jazeera card in.

Reading through your thread I am intrigued at what you are doing. Does any of it mean that I may be able to use my CI cam and cards in MP eventually. At present the only solution for me is to watch Setanta or Al Jazeera sports through WinTV.

Would it be worth me testing with your updated MP and pluggins?? If they are not supported yet will they be at some point??

Regards

Kevin

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi,

there should be a working support for WinTv CI in tvserver. You have to enable and assign it to your chosen tv card in setup tv. Then it should work (never used it before). But there were some reports lately that there are issues.

When you CI/CAM/SmartCard combination works in Wintv there is no reason why it wouldn't work in TvServer as well.

I suggest you check your settings, collect log files and open a bug report in a separate thread....

Bye
    Morpheus

PS: this thread is just about the CI menu (MMI) function itself as an addional function, not the core descrambling...

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all!

I have some good news for you:
    With some help I got DigitalEveryWhere FireDTV cards running to support CI menu :)

Also the menu functions are now accessible from SetupTv's card section also (no need for plugin).

So the "supported" list contains now:
    • KNC1
    • Technotrend
    • DigitalEverywhere
    • WinTvCI
      [*]TwinHan (work in progress)

I also made some first modifications for WinTvCI, as I can use some of the created functions.

• Are there some volunteers to test FireDTV?
    • Anybody like to help to get WinTvCi menu working?

Please tell me, so I will prepare an own build, before it get's to svn and into "1.1.0 alpha" build....

For WinTV CI users:
    --> After installing build above, please update the tv server files from attachment! All functions now should work properly (tested by i-loop, :D)

As there is a new ci menu dialog in MP which uses new skinfile, you have to install both MP+TVE3 and use B3(W) skin!

Bye
    Morpheus

PS: current screenshot are available in first post of this thread!

EDIT:
    downloads removed, please use MP 1.1.0 alpha build an report issues here

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom