[FEATURE] CI menu support for TvServer (DE, KNC1, Technotrend, TwinHan...) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pleibling

Portal Pro
October 10, 2006
hi morpheus,

sounds very, very, very well - cause i have some problemes with my firedtv ( classic, 3.16 fw, conax encryption with cable digital). some channels works fine, other has stuttering, other show "channel encrypted").

i'm very interessted.

i give you feedback.

pleibling

Portal Pro
October 10, 2006
hi morpheus,

this morning i want to test your DE Ci configuration. I write you the result:

at the first i update my floppydtv and alphacrypt classic to actual firmware.

1) i have a working mp 1.0.2 installation. tv server is on windows sbs 2008 (x64, german). i try to update, but i get error that the database can not be updated (not MediaPortal as password).
2) ok, try fresh install - uninstall all mp products. install fresh, get error "no gentle config found", couldn't start mp tvserver.
3) ok, try update without settings. uninstall all mp products, install fresh 1.0.2, but no configuration, start after the direct update to your version. tvserver starts, but can not configure channels (no tab for channel and ci).
4) ok, try update mit minimal settings. uninstall mp, install 1.0.2, configure channels, update to your version. now i can see all channels and the ci tab for my firedtv, but if i click open on the ci tab - nothings happend.
5) ok, check if this is an cam problem. disable tvserver, open dvbviewer, go to cam menü, check all settings (all fine), in dvbviewer works all channels fine (no stuttering oder error - the stuttering and the "encrypted channel" error i get only in mp).

what can i do now?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

sorry that you had so many problems (1..3).

I found out that the SetupTv versions has still some initalization issues, that's why you don't see menu. I work on this. But this is only one place to test ;)

The main CI menu function is included in MP FullScreenTv! When you open context menu, you'll find "open CI menu". This one should be working (yesterday tested with other users).

Morpheus

pleibling

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2006
    no problem. i have all the time problems with the encrypted channels. i show them not often, and if i show them, i show them directly on an dvb-c receiver, but i wolud be cool, if i can use the 11 channels direct on mp - so can i use timeshift and record them.

i try to show the encrypted channel on my client (not update, version 1.0.2), i can see some channels without problems, the channels that i have in the past stuttering, they stutter again.

then i update my client to your version, the i get in tv modul every time the errormessage on the attached pic.

but the stuttering stays and i can get no access to the ci menue in the client.

the stuttering problem i have all the time (in mp, in dvbviewer it works fine), is it possible to find the reason for the stuttering? can i provide you some logs and is it possible to find the reason in the logs?

Attachments

• error.jpg
      error.jpg
      45.7 KB

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Have you installed both MediaPortal and TvPlugin from my version ?

I expect this is an issue with different versions mixed up ....

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    Hi Morpheus!

I have my own modification on MP and Tvserver, any chance to update svn is order to test the new CI funcionality??

Thanks!

Curry

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 4, 2009
    Eindhoven
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'll be joining testing on this when I have more time, hopefully within a week :)

TV-card: Hauppauge USB WinTV HVR-900H
    CI-card: Hauppauge WinTV-CI rev A2

ljamt

Portal Member
    February 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    FloppyDTV S2 CommonInterface keeps popping up...

I'm using FloppyDTV S2 (digitaleverywhere) with Dilog Conax CAM to watch live TV. CommonInterface.exe must be running when using MP to watch TV, if not "channel is coded" error will pop up. Because of this I assume that CommonInterface.exe must be running when using FloppyDTV, but I cannot find any statements about this.

The problem arise when stopping using the FloppyDTV card; that is don't watching TV or listening to radio -> Then the ci-menu keeps popping up and closing down making it impossible to use MP without terminating CommonInterface.exe. I have used MP since 1.0 RC1 and I am now using the latest release and this problem has always been present. Does anyone know if it is possible to watch TV using FloppyDTV without having CommonInterface running?

I'm not sure if this is the rigth thread to ask this question, but I cannot find any information about how CommonInterface.exe works in any other thread.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't have a FireDTV card myself, but as others reports, you don't need additional tools enabled. It would even leed to side effects when FireDTV's CiMenu tray tool runs concurrently.

But as I stated before, the recent modifactions add CI menu features, but normal descrambling was been working since a long time. If you have isssues with this you should open a new thread on this....

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom