Feature request: Covers from Movies and Series in the TV Guide and TV OSD (1 Viewer)

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Where to get them
    From the guide.xml or from within mediaportal server and compare it with thetvdb or the moviedb sites ?

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Guide xml where?
    From tv db server i dont know :(
    From site - no

WBR, ajs

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    This was create by kisscon, maybe you will have a look at this tool for better understand...
    I dont use TV and TVServer ...
    Attachted the xml where i'm asking
    There are a lot of questions. Where is this file. Available for reading. Update frequency of. What will happen if the a plugin it will block while reading. Etc.

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This xml will imported through xmltv under tv server. The tv server checked if there was a new one, then he read and import it. The tool kisscon, makes an xmltv.xml put all in there after his work he copyed the namechanged tvguide.xml somewhere there i set it up in the settings.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    then he read and import it.
    Imports where?
    The tool kisscon, makes an xmltv.xml put all in there after his work he copyed the namechanged tvguide.xml somewhere there i set it up in the settings.
    If have a database on the client, or media portals at property, then it will work. Otherwise, no. FH will not appeal to the TV server with questions.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    From the guide.xml...
    I don't think it's a good idea to read it from the tvguide.xml. If you do that, it will only work if the person gets their guide data using XMLTV. Better to look at the TV Server database. That way you can support any EPG source (TVMovie, DVB EPG, XMLTV, SchedulesDirect etc.).

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So for example when xmltv rrad the Infos from the xml and write it in the tv database so Fanart can read it from the table

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Kodi have no integrated tv section and there it works it think it's not so tricky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom