Feature Request: Mediaportal Audio Renderer with 5.0 speaker setup (1 Viewer)

Aurora13

Portal Pro
November 2, 2006
Hello,

I have a request:
Is it possible to add an 5.0 speaker setup to the MPAR? I have do not have a subwoofer, because I have full range front speakers.

Regards

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    You could try manually changing the SpeakerConfig setting in registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Team MediaPortal\Audio Renderer to 55 as decimal value. Not sure if it downmixing or even output works, but it is worth to try. Also the setting is reset probably on every time you open filters property page.

Aurora13

Portal Pro
    November 2, 2006
    Hi Tourettes,

Thanks for your answer, It doesn't do anything unfortunately. The speaker configuration is empty on the filter property page and it still gives 5.1 sound.

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

You can always try, select any window, turn off the Media Portal, change the ID of the selected one to the desired one (plugin) and check.
    You can always try, select any window, turn off the Media Portal, change the ID of the selected one to the desired one (plugin) and...
    I don't have a TV card in my HTPC setup, so I really only use plugins that browse and show media files, like MP TV-Series, Moving...
    Replies
    Views
    You can always use GitHub online But judging by the picture, you are doing well. Direct Push to Master is prohibited, create PR.
    You can always use GitHub online But judging by the picture, you are doing well. Direct Push to Master is prohibited, create PR.
    Hello, Because I was annoyed with closing MP, launch config, modify setting and start MP again, I decided to give MP the ability...
    Replies
    Views
    MP has adjustable audio delay. I don't know whether this works for all video formats, but it certainly works for TS files, and may work for MP4 files. There is a slider that allows you to adjust the audio delay while playing a video. Press the INFO button on the remote control to display the OSD, select the "Audio" icon, and then...
    MP has adjustable audio delay. I don't know whether this works for all video formats, but it certainly works for TS files, and may...
    This is not an audio/video out of sync issue but a delay in audio in playback I have been using MP for years and noticed their...
    Replies
    Views
    When my AVR bit the dust recently I took the opportunity to upgrade my projector to an LS11000 to gain 4K. Install went fine until I switched to my HTPC which is my primary source. When I switch to the HTPC the screen goes blank for a long time and then I have sound, no picture, and in the lower left hand corner: "Source: HDMI 1 Not...
    When my AVR bit the dust recently I took the opportunity to upgrade my projector to an LS11000 to gain 4K. Install went fine until...
    When my AVR bit the dust recently I took the opportunity to upgrade my projector to an LS11000 to gain 4K. Install went fine until...
    Replies
    Views
    For me, a clean install of 1.34 x64 TV server only on a fresh Windows 11 Pro device failed because the installation of MySQL in the background never completed, hence no database to connect to. A manual installation of MySQL worked fine, but I didn't know how to prepare MySQL for the TV server database. In the end, I opted for the...
    For me, a clean install of 1.34 x64 TV server only on a fresh Windows 11 Pro device failed because the installation of MySQL in the...
    Hi, went from a 1.29 install (working, reinstalled for other reasons) on a fairly fresh and fully updated Windows 10 system for a...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom