Tools and other software FileBot - The ultimate TV Renamer and Subtitle Downloader (1 Viewer)

rednoah

Portal Pro
December 18, 2011
FileBot is the ultimate TV Renamer and Subtitle Downloader. It just works. Easy.

FileBot is really smart about matching your episodes with online episode info from sources like TVRage, AniDB, TheTVDB or movie info from OpenSubtitles and TheMovieDB. The naming format and folder structure FileBot will apply to rename your media files is extremely powerful and customizable but at the same time really quite simple.

Fetching subtitles has never been easier neither. FileBot will automatically lookup subs from various sources and intelligently match them to your media files. Just drag your files in and FileBot will do the rest.

The GUI is extremely efficient, it's all just a matter of 2-3 drags/clicks. But if you're the really lazy kind, you can automate just about anything using the fully-featured cmdline interface.

More info, screenshots and video demo:
https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/tools/filebot-tv-renamer-and-subtitle-downloader

Official website, forums and downloads:
http://www.filebot.net/

panel.rename.png

Check it out!~

Last edited:

rednoah

Portal Pro
December 18, 2011
Imdb doesnt have a public API and page scraping should really only be an option of there are no options. OpenSubtitles on the other hand has an API for text search and importantly a hash lookup. Plus their data is based on imdb anyway so there is really no need to go scrape imdb pages myself.

--rednoah

Argai

Portal Member
January 1, 2012
I was looking for an app that does renaming tvshows according to their metadata, esp anime
I tried Renamer en Filebot.
Well, renamer just give only error's (I'll post the log by Renamer itself)
On the other hand, filebot does the job very well. It not a 100% match, but no app does.
It looks very simpel, no extra garbage that might freeze the system, and that is a strong point of this app.
you can choose between anidb or tvdb (regarding to anime)
You can edit the renaming format by changing xml code. I'm no good at that, but there are good examples on the homepage forum, so it is just copy and paste.

I have one question
i use the following renaming code: {n.space(' ')} - s{(episode.season ? s : 1).pad(2)}e{e.pad(2)} - {t.space(' ')}
what modification can I use for 2 episodes in one file, e.g. death note s01e03 - e04.mkv

there is no sorting though, the list of renaming is random, which makes things hard to check. There seems also a problem with three digits absolute numbering. episode 102 become s01e02, which is the same as episode 002. pity

<rename to="Bleach (2004) - s01e01 - The Day I Became a Shinigami.mkv" from="001 Bleach.mkv" dir="\\server\video\Animee\Bleach"/>
<rename to="Bleach (2004) - s01e01 - The Day I Became a Shinigami.avi" from="101 Bleach.avi" dir="\\server\video\Animee\Bleach"/>
<rename to="Bleach (2004) - s01e02 - A Shinigami's Work.mkv" from="002 Bleach.mkv" dir="\\server\video\Animee\Bleach"/>
<rename to="Bleach (2004) - s01e02 - A Shinigami's Work.avi" from="102 Bleach.avi" dir="\\server\video\Animee\Bleach"/>
<rename to="Bleach (2004) - s01e03 - The Older Brother's Wish, the Younger Sister's Wish.mkv" from="003 Bleach.mkv" dir="\\server\video\Animee\Bleach"/>
<rename to="Bleach (2004) - s01e04 - Cursed Parakeet.mkv" from="004 Bleach.mkv" dir="\\server\video\Animee\Bleach"/>
<rename to="Bleach (2004) - s01e04 - Cursed Parakeet.avi" from="104 Bleach.avi" dir="\\server\video\Animee\Bleach"/>
until s01e20
<rename to="Bleach (2005) - s02e01 - Enter! The World of the Shinigami.mkv" from="021 Bleach.mkv" dir="\\server\video\Animee\Bleach"/>
<rename to="Bleach (2005) - s02e01 - Enter! The World of the Shinigami.avi" from="201 Bleach.avi" dir="\\server\video\Animee\Bleach"/>
<rename to="Bleach (2005) - s02e02 - The Man Who Hates Shinigami.mkv" from="022 Bleach.mkv" dir="\\server\video\Animee\Bleach"/>
<rename to="Bleach (2005) - s02e02 - The Man Who Hates Shinigami.avi" from="202 Bleach.avi" dir="\\server\video\Animee\Bleach"/>
all episodes until
<rename to="Bleach (2005) - s02e13 - Miracle! The Mysterious New Hero.mkv" from="033 Bleach.mkv" dir="\\server\video\Animee\Bleach"/>
<rename to="Bleach (2005) - s02e13 - Miracle! The Mysterious New Hero.avi" from="213 Bleach.avi" dir="\\server\video\Animee\Bleach"/>

database according to TVDB.com
format {n.space(' ')} ({airdate.format("yyyy")}) - s{(episode.season ? s : 1).pad(2)}e{e.pad(2)} - {t.space(' ')}

rednoah

Portal Pro
December 18, 2011
1. So what episodes (filenames) does filebot matching screw up? Maybe i can tweak that. If there's enough info it should work reliably.

2. Double episodes are not supported right now at all, 'cause simply don't have enough examples to work and test with (I have none right now)

rednoah

Portal Pro
December 18, 2011
It's not a bug, it's a feature!

<rename to="Bleach (2004) - s01e04 - Cursed Parakeet.avi" from="104 Bleach.avi" dir="\\server\video\Animee\Bleach"/>

Alright, if the file is like this, 101.avi, FileBot cannot know wether it is Episode 101 or 1x01.

Here is how to resolve this:
1. Rename using AniDB (only supports absolute numbering, so the above problem goes away in favor of 101)
(1.1. if u have a similar problem the other way around, use TVRage which only matches 1x01)
2. Now that you have SxE + TITLE information, FileBot can easy match it to the right episode once it has to decide between "1x01 Boring first Episode" or "101 Now it's getting awesome!

cheer, red

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: FileBot - The ultimate TV Renamer and Subtitle Downloader

a cool peace of software, thanks for sharing :)

Argai

Portal Member
    January 1, 2012
    Rednoah, thanks for the solution.
    AniDB did put all my absolute three digit numbering of the bleach-episodes into the right episodes format S01e104
    all my other renaming went flawless and FAST.
    Thanks for this great program and for the quick support

rednoah

Portal Pro
    December 18, 2011
    AniDB did put all my absolute three digit numbering of the bleach-episodes into the right episodes format S01e104

Now that you get titles via anidb you can try using TheTVDB again to get proper SxE numbering rather than 1x{absolute}.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom