Tools and other software FileBot - The ultimate TV Renamer and Subtitle Downloader (3 Viewers)

logifuse

Portal Pro
January 19, 2011
Sydney
Home Country
Very nice app. Works very well for TV series & the multiple DB choices is great.

One issue I have found is that it sometimes uses an accent rather than an apostrophe in the episode name (I suspect that it's just picking it up that from the database). While the font that DefaultWide uses seems to handle it, the font in Avalon doesn't, so those videos revert to a different font. See https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-reports-issues-103098/index5.html#post841966 for a screenshot.

Is there a way to manually add the accent to the illegal character list & automatically substitute a standard apostrophe? Like the way it suggests a rename if there is a colon, etc.?

Thanks

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
January 21, 2010
Braunschweig
Home Country
Germany Germany
Well, I tried filebot out and it is pretty much ok.

But where it has problems over here ist with spongebob with german as language.

I wanted it to rename my files but it does not match the episodes correctly, it rather pulls wrong information from TheTVDB, so that I end up with things like three times s01e01 but all with different titles or it tells me a different title for s01e13 than I manually looked up on the website of TheTVDB.
Am I doing something wrong?

rednoah

Portal Pro
December 18, 2011
That's because FileBot uses DVD sort order, which doesn't mach your files that are probably in airdate sort order. Just use Serienjunkies source instead.

logifuse

Portal Pro
January 19, 2011
Sydney
Home Country
Have a look at the naming scheme examples. Last one. Just do something like {t.replaceAll(/[`´]/, "'")}

Hmm, can't get it to work. I'll try a bit more later on today, but in relation to the code above, which part of /[`´]/ is indicating characters to be replaced & which part is indicating that there is something within to be replaced?

e.g. is it saying that the characters between // are to be replaced? Or is it saying that the characters between /[]/ are to be replaced? Or is it saying that simply all these characters are to be replaced?

I'm suspecting that there are subtle differences between the accents you've posted & the ones in the episode names I'm matching.

Thanks again.

rednoah

Portal Pro
December 18, 2011
/.../ indicates it's a standard regex, [...] is a character class, only ` or ´ will be replaced. If it doesn't work it's probably another kind of accent. Just add it like e.g. [abcd] replaced a, b, c or d. Just with the kinda accents you have encountered. What's the episode title? I'll add those accents to the examples then.

logifuse

Portal Pro
January 19, 2011
Sydney
Home Country
Thanks again. I'm not at home at the moment, but this is one: CSI:NY S08E12 Brooklyn 'Til I Die

I can't remember if it's from TheTVDB or SerienJunkies.

Several episodes of Hawaii Five-O (2010) have the same issue.

It's not a huge issue, more just a strange one.

rednoah

Portal Pro
December 18, 2011
Found it. This will work {t.replaceAll(/[`´‘’ʻ]/, "'")}

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom