FilmInfo+ - A german movie details scraper with auto grouping (3 Viewers)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Moving-Pictures does that automatic if it has a movie-id to fall back on. IMDb tt-ID is the ideal for it, as IMDb.com default, IMDb+, TMDb, and possibly others all accept it to find missing info.

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The plugin finds the correct imdb tt number for each movie and scraps the summary. It is scraping "No description available" (of course in german) because it is so in the source site. Do you mean that I should choose another one of the scraper additionally to filminfo+? But no one of them scraps the infos in german? Am I right?

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    If it adds any type of text, then that in turn becomes the summary, and MovPic stops trying to use other scrapers. Manual refresh is needed then. Used to have full German support in IMDb+, but then Amazon decided to pull imdb.de in favor for localized support on imdb.com. They barely support titles now, and killed all the localized summaries.

Pretty sure TMDb has German support if it is configured for it.

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have seen that tmdb has a good summary scraping. How can I use it with the FilmInfo+ script? Tmdb scraper seems to be a system script and has no xml-file. To implement the genre script from tmdb would also be great. What do I have to do exactly?

Note: the modification of the genre scraping in the FilmInfo+ file does also not work for me. Can anybody try to change the category "Kinder-/Familienfilm" to "Kinder- & Familienfilm" or "Liebe/Romantik" to "Liebe & Romantik" in the FilmInfo+ file and confirm that it doesn't work?

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And unfortunately there seems to be no working scraper for german MPAA Rating! It would be great, if @Merlyn could maintain this script!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I do not want to maintain a separate scraper-script, but I can otherwise take a look at how FilmInfo+ gets the German stuff working, and merge that with IMDb+ since imdb.de is more then likely never going to return.

MPAA would then be covered, because I already have the code in place to fall back to IMDb.com data if a foreign provider lacks it.

So does everything else on FilmInfo+ work for German users?

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @RoChess

but I can otherwise take a look at how FilmInfo+ gets the German stuff working, and merge that with IMDb+ since imdb.de is more then likely never going to return.
    Greast idea, Big Thanks for that.
    So does everything else on FilmInfo+ work for German users?
    Sometimes i've noticed some HTML Code in Writers field.

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The german genre mapping does also not work how I wrote in my last post. Maybe you can test it.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ok, no promises on time, because I've been unable to find time to work on IMDb+ plugin for over 2 years now :(, but the IMDb+ scraper-script is easier to adjust. If everything falls into place I will have some time this weekend. First I need to fix an issue for Greek users of IMDb+, but that will be ideal time to also look at the German side.

Always a problem for me, because IMDb.com re-acts totally different for me on a USA-IP then it does for foreign users. Not sure if I will run into the same issues with FilmInfo+, but at least for Germany I can rely on www.4proxy.de

In worst case I will need assistance from a German user to provide me with detailed scraper-debug enabled movingpictures.log files, or get granted TeamViewer access to their MediaPortal system like I am doing with a Greek user of IMDb+.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In worst case I will need assistance from a German user to provide me with detailed scraper-debug enabled movingpictures.log files, or get granted TeamViewer access to their MediaPortal system like I am doing with a Greek user of IMDb+.
    OK, no problem!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom