Filmtipset.se - Swedish grabber (2 Viewers)

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm not sure about if this is caused by scraper or not (haven't dug deep enough yet) but as I can see, the scores from filmtipset is on a scale from 1 to 5, giving me scores in MoPi from 2-10 in 2 points intervals (2,4,6,8,10).

As a long time user of Imdb, I prefer (regardless of what anybody else thinks about Imdb's scores) a scale of 1-10.

Is it possible to scrape the score info from that source instead? Perhaps there will be options like these in a future release of MoPi or is it too hard to put in the scraper right away?

This is even more interesting for me if lets say: only one or two people have given scores on a particular movie at filmtipset.se

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It simply grabs filmtipsets score and multiply by 2 :)
    I wasn't really happy about that solution when creating the scraper. I agree it would be better to use IMDb's score for a better "resolution" and IMDb Top 250 compatibility.

It was very easy to add though since the code was already present in the IMDb scraper. Here's v1.2.0 with scores from IMDb and everything else from filmtipset.

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Very nice indeed. Just checked the issue tracker for MoPi and this feature (select scraper for specific fields) wasn't going to be implemented until ver1.1. Thanks vuego, you made me smile.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I tried refreshing info on some films (to test the ratings scraper), but some fields (writer, director) now get filled twice. Or is this a known bug in Moving Pictures that I've missed reading about?

Example:

12 Edsvurna Män
    Director: Sidney Lumet, Sidney Lumet
    Writer: Reginald Rose, Reginald Rose

Emph

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Interesting. I never used that feature before :oops:
    I see now that the scraper should first empty those fields before populating them.

Now version 1.2.1 :)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    If possible, could you add the collection of age ratings from IMDB to the scraper so that the skins that use this can show the correct images? I'm using X-Factor, and all I see where the R, PG-13 etc. logos are supposed to go is a black box.

Thanks!
    Emph

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    If possible, could you add the collection of age ratings from IMDB to the scraper so that the skins that use this can show the correct images? I'm using X-Factor, and all I see where the R, PG-13 etc. logos are supposed to go is a black box.

Thanks!
    Emph

I would like this too. "Åldersgräns" isn't available at filmtipset anyway, but it would be really cool if the swedish (bt, 7, 11, 15) ratings could be found elsewhere.

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I can not get it to work :(
    I have it loaded and first in the list of details importer. I have tried to manually update several movies (even Mirror someone mentioned in this thread) but everything is in english.
    Am I missing something? I am on MP1.0.2, MovingPictures7.5 and latest script from here.

When I tried from plug-in configuration for example Angels & Demons it found Änglar och Demoner in the importer list with a green checkmark (loaded and ready) but no information is written in the movie details. I can not find anything in the movingpicturers.log but there nothing is mentioned about starting update anyway.

I also got this popup window who showed. See attached.

Attachments

• mirrors.JPG
      mirrors.JPG
      14.6 KB

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Johan.
    I seem to get this problem when clicking Refresh Movie Info From Internet using any other scraper than was originally used. I.e. you probably grabbed using the default Imdb.com scraper at first. Try the drop down menu next to Refresh Movie Info From Internet and select for example ofdb.de (German). Does that movie get updated to German info?

You can instead use the button Reassign Files to New Movie which should work better.

Another great swedish site is of course www.svenskfilmdatabas.se which I asked for looong time ago. I am not sure if it's possible to build a scraper for this site. Not sure.

It seems to lack many movies. I checked a couple of my movies and it's a very poor result:

A Streetcar Named Desire - No description
    Return of the Living Dead 3 - Doesn't exist
    Stacy - Attack Of The Schoolgirl Zombies - Doesn't exist
    Children Of The Living Dead - Doesn't exist
    Enter The Ninja - No description
    Hell of the Living Dead - Doesn't exist
    Ticks - Doesn't exist
    Zombie Island Massacre - Doesn't exist

I like the technical details of the movies that are available though. Too bad there's no fields for movie length in meters in Moving Pictures :)
    Nr: 140.111
    Datum: 2003-12-11
    Bredd: 35 mm
    Längd: 3428 meter
    Gräns: Tillåten från 11 år
    Akter: 7
    Kommentar: Aktlängder: 505-444-461-565-519-454-480

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom