Finally working IP-TV solution for TV Server! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pashikk

August 30, 2008
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
Hi!
Thank you for this great software and your helpful hints.
I got some problems with IpTV tuning, can anybody help me to solve them?
In fact, in VLC-player and in IpTV-player television is smooth and good. But if I open URL with WMP or MediaPortal the video is jerky. CPU is 8%. I guess the problem is in codecs or drivers.
Here is my graph:

Thanks

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Hi!
    In fact, in VLC-player and in IpTV-player television is smooth and good. But if I open URL with WMP or MediaPortal the video is jerky. CPU is 8%. I guess the problem is in codecs or drivers.

Try different video/audio decoders in Mediaportal configuration / Television section. I have best results with Microsoft MPEG-2 video and Microsoft MPEG-1/DD audio

In your graph you are using elecard demultiplexer, MP is using its own TSReader filter.

Sawbones

September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    G'day from Australia!
    I found this thread and I'm very impressed by what you've done.
    However, I've installed everything the way you described, but I'm getting nowhere. Elecard shows up in the TV Server, but when I try to scan the channels it doesn't work.
    I tried putting the Elecard URL into WMP and that doesn't work either.
    Do you think it has something to do with Vista?
    Just to clarify, I'm with an Australian ISP that has IPTV via IGMP/UDP. I can watch the channels by putting the URL directly into VLC, it's just Elecard that doesn't seem to want to work, any ideas?

dpavli

Portal Member
    August 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    I have the same problems and same config (vista) as Sawbones.

WMP doesn't open an elecard url (maybe it doesnt know how to handle it?).

GraphEdit however does!

Tnx,
    D.

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    G'day from Australia!
    I found this thread and I'm very impressed by what you've done.
    However, I've installed everything the way you described, but I'm getting nowhere. Elecard shows up in the TV Server, but when I try to scan the channels it doesn't work.
    I tried putting the Elecard URL into WMP and that doesn't work either.
    Do you think it has something to do with Vista?
    Just to clarify, I'm with an Australian ISP that has IPTV via IGMP/UDP. I can watch the channels by putting the URL directly into VLC, it's just Elecard that doesn't seem to want to work, any ideas?

Hi,
    Vista is not a problem, I have Vista with no problem. You need Graphedit and try to build working graph. Add elecard NW-SourcePlus filter to it, then add Elecard push demultiplexer, Elecard video decoder and audio decoder, EVR video renderer and audio renderer. Right click on NWSourcePlus filter, click properties and play with settings until graph is working. Then use your built elecard url for other channels too, you change multicast group and port only.
    graph.png

pashikk

August 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Try different video/audio decoders in Mediaportal configuration / Television section. I have best results with Microsoft MPEG-2 video and Microsoft MPEG-1/DD audio
    In your graph you are using elecard demultiplexer, MP is using its own TSReader filter.

Unfortunately there are no Microsoft codecs in mediaportal television's configuration drop-down list. Perhaps you know where to download them?
    Thanks

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Unfortunately there are no Microsoft codecs in mediaportal television's configuration drop-down list. Perhaps you know where to download them?
    Thanks

I think these codecs are part of Windows Media Player, but I am not sure. In Vista these codecs are preinstalled automatically

dpavli

Portal Member
    August 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    I still cannot tune any channel from the playlist. Any new suggestions?

Thank you,
    D.

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    I still cannot tune any channel from the playlist. Any new suggestions?

Thank you,
    D.

Hi,

your problem is TS Analyzer. It should analyze TS packet and read some important information from it. It is part of TS Writer. Make sure you have last version of tswriter.ax and properly registered with regsvr32 tswriter.ax

My log:
    2008-09-06 15:40:44.672200 [TestApp]: Found: DVBIP:tv:confused:kylink TA3 Freq:0 ONID:108 TSID:108 SID:1 PMT:325 FTA:False LCN:10000 Url:elecard://233.49.26.108:2314:i=10.195.18.42:t=m2t/udp
    2008-09-06 15:40:44.674200 [TestApp]: Scan Got 1 from 1 channels

your log:
    2008-08-31 20:14:19.400301 [9]: Scan Got 0 from 0 channels

Hi, I uploaded new version that fixes small problem. When you stopped timeshifting, there was still network traffic because Elecard filter stops streaming only when it is destroyed from memory. This new version is built against latest svn. You can download it from first post

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom