Finally working IP-TV solution for TV Server! (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Figured it out - Here are the logs.

Bryan

try to run channel in VLC, let VLC running and try to scan again. Maybe you have the same firewall issue

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Hello mikeyko!
    Thanks for your report!
    Yes, my TS example is saved directly from NWSource. Anyway it is a problem with mediaportal (even through TS stream is corrupt), because VLC, ProgDVB and WMP play IPTV without any problem. Can you tell me which program you are using to analyse TS stream? I will prepare a bug report for Corbina provider. By the way when IPTV will be a part of Mediaportal?

Hi,

there is a chance that TSReader issue will be fixed in 1.0.1. Today was fixed this issue:

Summary: TsReader option to enable/disable dropping of discontinued packets
    Description:
    Currently TsReader.ax is dropping data really aggressively when it notices
    a discontinuity error in the stream. If one packet is missing TsReader will
    drop whole video frame. This is done to make sure that no video codec is
    causing complete MP crash when it receives corrupted data.

To control this, add an option to TvClient configuration to give users the
    choice to disable this behaviour.

So, I hope this may fix your problem. We will see...

bryanford

Portal Member
    May 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Do I try and play the same M3U file in VLC? I get an error saying it cannot open each item in the playlist. The M3U file works in WMP tho..

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Do I try and play the same M3U file in VLC? I get an error saying it cannot open each item in the playlist. The M3U file works in WMP tho..

you have to change url for vlc: udp://@group:port

Tine

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2008
    Kranj
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Hy,

I noticed something strange, which is probably problem with my IPTV provider.

Here and there i get this behavior:
    Channel is working fine. Than at some point i get error to unable to start timeshifting. I checked channel in VLC and graphedit where it's played just fine. I tried to reimport channel and it updates it but no changes. Then i changed named of channel in m3u and import it as new one. Newly imported channel was then working fine. Then i checked info of both channels and noticed that ServiceID was different. Changed ServiceId at old channel to new value, and also the old one started to working. Than i was going to repair all bad channels and noticed that some channels have all values the same. But newly imported channel is working and the old one doesn't. So i guess there are some hidden values?

Perfect solution for me would be that at importing stage all channels would be totaly rescaned. Becouse now i need to delete old one. Import it again and than remap it to all the groups that i have.

Please give me feedback if this is posible.

Regards, Tine

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Hy,

I noticed something strange, which is probably problem with my IPTV provider.

Here and there i get this behavior:
    Channel is working fine. Than at some point i get error to unable to start timeshifting. I checked channel in VLC and graphedit where it's played just fine. I tried to reimport channel and it updates it but no changes. Then i changed named of channel in m3u and import it as new one. Newly imported channel was then working fine. Then i checked info of both channels and noticed that ServiceID was different. Changed ServiceId at old channel to new value, and also the old one started to working. Than i was going to repair all bad channels and noticed that some channels have all values the same. But newly imported channel is working and the old one doesn't. So i guess there are some hidden values?

Perfect solution for me would be that at importing stage all channels would be totaly rescaned. Becouse now i need to delete old one. Import it again and than remap it to all the groups that i have.

Please give me feedback if this is posible.

Regards, Tine

Hi, as far as I know, if you start scanning again with the same m3u, channels with the same name are updated so it should work out of the box

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Hey, any more ideas for my No signal problem?

Thx

Have you tried my suggestion from post #301? Run channel in VLC and while running VLC, try to scan channels in TVServer

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom