Finally working IP-TV solution for TV Server! (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Böle

Portal Member
January 16, 2008
Home Country
Finland Finland
Yes, well I have three iptv cards added already and when only TV-service running on Server one should be enough to stream one channel to the client? Everything seems to be working fine on the Server machine but I cant record one channel and watch another there either. Firewall settings etc should be ok since I can stream old recorded tv from Server to Client.

Any ideas where to start looking?

B

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Yes, well I have three iptv cards added already and when only TV-service running on Server one should be enough to stream one channel to the client? Everything seems to be working fine on the Server machine but I cant record one channel and watch another there either. Firewall settings etc should be ok since I can stream old recorded tv from Server to Client.

Any ideas where to start looking?

B

1. if you have 3 iptv cards, did you perform channel scanning for each iptv card?
    2. if yes, so each channel can be streamed by every iptv card, if one card is busy (is streaming different channel), second iptv card is used until there is free card available

If something is not working for you, please post your logs so I can identify what's wrong

Böle

Portal Member
    January 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    After channelscan on all three cards things are working nicely on Server, but I still cant get Live-tv stream to client? When turning on TV in client Timeshifting is started but nothing else happens. Attached logs from Server and Client.

B

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    After channelscan on all three cards things are working nicely on Server, but I still cant get Live-tv stream to client? When turning on TV in client Timeshifting is started but nothing else happens. Attached logs from Server and Client.

B

there is problem when you try to timeshift the same channel from two clients. TVServer should use the same card for both, but it is not working. I will look at that
    Please, try two different channels, if it will work

Böle

Portal Member
    January 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Two clients? I only have one client+server, when testing and collecting only TV-service was running on sever and one client tried to open live TV-stream, maybe I tried twice if two attempts is found in log. When watching TV on server machine and trying to open TV-stream with client on another channel, same card is used and timeshifting starts on "client channel" and live TV on server stops since no free card are available, but nothing happens in client anyway.

B

Zeddicius

Portal Member
    February 28, 2007
    Can't watch without Graphedit running

I reported this earlier and it's getting to be a pain in the ass for me.
    When i have a perfectly working setup of tvserver with iptv and grapedit is not running i get an error.
    With graphedit running on the tvserver computer everything plays nice in preview and in mediaportal on client computer.
    I can't have graphedit running on my computer all the time.

Could you please try to help me find what's wrong with my setup.

Recently updated to svn2 and still the same problem.
    Running winxp

Attached are my log files.

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    I reported this earlier and it's getting to be a pain in the ass for me.
    When i have a perfectly working setup of tvserver with iptv and grapedit is not running i get an error.
    With graphedit running on the tvserver computer everything plays nice in preview and in mediaportal on client computer.
    I can't have graphedit running on my computer all the time.

Could you please try to help me find what's wrong with my setup.

Recently updated to svn2 and still the same problem.
    Running winxp

Attached are my log files.

I remember someone had similar problem. Try to disable windows firewall

bryanford

Portal Member
    May 20, 2007
    Home Country
    I've been playing with this all day and keep getting "No Signal" when searching for channels.

I'm with TPG IPTV here in Sydney and I've managed to get it working in Windows Media Player (I needed the H.264 version of elecard)

I copied all the files from the bin folder to the %ProgramFiles%\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server folder.

I modified a M3U file that was made for VLC to use the elecard syntax and it works in Windows Media Player.

When I search in TV Server I get "No Signal" for every channel in the list.

I have the latest ffdshow installed for H.264 decoding and works fine on other H.264 broadcasts and video files.

I'd really love some help if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks in advance,
    Bryan

PS - I cant figure out how to attach my log files in this forum :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom