Completed First Antec HTPC build (1 Viewer)

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
Kszabo - How are you finding the Scythe heatsink without the fan?

im looking to make my HTPC a bit quieter, so i want to find the best way of passively cooling my processor (AMD AM2 64 X2) and get rid of the standard noisy fan. im currently using an Antec Fusion case, so there might be issues with fitting a heatsink inside the unit?

bigflause

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
It is brilliant with the fusion case. fits perfect and doesn't need the fan as the case fan is right beside it.

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
nice one, so you just bolted it on but removed the fan? whats the noise level like now in your antec, have you got your other 3 case fans running still?

are the scythes a universal fit (ive got a Gigabyte nForce 430 mobo)?

bigflause

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
yep. I only use the one fan. The case has such good air flow that I could also fit the Zalman VNF100 on my GPU. it cooled the GPU better than the stock fan.

The loudest thing in the case is the HDD when it seeks. even my bluray drive is extreemly quite.

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Kszabo - How are you finding the Scythe heatsink without the fan?

im looking to make my HTPC a bit quieter, so i want to find the best way of passively cooling my processor (AMD AM2 64 X2) and get rid of the standard noisy fan. im currently using an Antec Fusion case, so there might be issues with fitting a heatsink inside the unit?

it works great. Sits perfect in the Antrec Fusion case. No need for the fan at all, CPU Temps under 45 °C always (Phenom X3 8450). I use the 2 12 cm fans of the case. But I guess I could remove one of them also. They are not completely silent but close to it. They do not disturb me at all watching movies etc...

bigflause

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    yeah you could always get a nexus 120mm fan to make sure it is ultra quite. the antec fan gives slight turbulance noise. you would need to be a real audiophile to notice it.

Fastsonic

Portal Member
    February 8, 2008
    Aschaffenburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have 2 Questions about the Antec Fusion EC Case please, :sorry: for my bad english.

Is it possible to use Full Height PCI/PCIe Cards?

Can i use my Silverstone(Imon) Remote Control with the Antec Fusion? Is a Receiver Build in and only the Remote Controll is missing at delivery?

Thanks 4 your help

Andy

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    I have 2 Questions about the Antec Fusion EC Case please, :sorry: for my bad english.

Is it possible to use Full Height PCI/PCIe Cards?

Can i use my Silverstone(Imon) Remote Control with the Antec Fusion? Is a Receiver Build in and only the Remote Controll is missing at delivery?

Thanks 4 your help

Andy

1. yes, full height PCI cards fit straight in without a problem

2. there is no receiver built in, so you would have to use your own one. i have mine plugged into my tv card and it works fine with the drivers that come with MP.

ps. Ihr English ist eigentlich ganz gut! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom