Completed First Antec HTPC build (1 Viewer)

Fastsonic

Portal Member
February 8, 2008
Aschaffenburg
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

My actually Setup is a Silverstone LC11m. The Case should be have the same Display + IR like the new Antec Fusion Remote (Seems so). I never had any Problem to get it work with Media Portal. The IR also works very fine.

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Imon is advertised as it should work fine with the Microsoft Remote, but it doesnt. I have tried to use it a bit yesterday again, but I do not get all the functions working in Mediaportal as with MS remote and the MS IR receiver... there should not be a difference, but there is.

I have loaded the Mediaportal.IMO functions, no help, still a lot of buttons dont work in certain mediaportal conditions (for instance..TV-guide doesnt work when watching TV in full screen, I can only get the mini EPG.. )

I never had interference issues between my remotes, only Imon is suffering from this, Not only my Marantz remote interferes, also the JVC TV remote, the Pioneer DVD.. actually all other remotes I have interfere with the Imon... This is so bad.. It just shows how badly engineered this piece of hardware/software is.

Of course it workes with the Imon remote, probably the only remote Soundgraph has tested it with. Why cant they make it work like the MS remote? just plug it in and everything works, no messing around in some kind of 'manager' no additional software needed... I just works as it should.

I have sent Soundgraph an email about this and it seems they know about the interference problems.. but they were not really clear on if they are working on a solution.

Lots

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I tried today again, with new drivers, but it is still the same..

I gave up my iMon receiver a few weeks ago also. I´ve spent hours with it but could not get it work flawlessly (only very close to flawless, but this is not enough). :mad: I use the display only. Maybe I will take my Antec apart and build the MCE receiver inside...

I connected my old MCE receiver again, no need for configuration at all, flawless function.

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I tried today again, with new drivers, but it is still the same..

I gave up my iMon receiver a few weeks ago also. I´ve spent hours with it but could not get it work flawlessly (only very close to flawless, but this is not enough). :mad: I use the display only. Maybe I will take my Antec apart and build the MCE receiver inside...

I connected my old MCE receiver again, no need for configuration at all, flawless function.

How can you use the display only and turn off the IR receiver of the Imon? To have the display only would be nice, better then that black hole it is now... everytime I use another remote then the MCE, the display goes into a language I have never heard off :D, so how do you prevent that.. even if the MCE IR receiver is plugged in the Imon IR is on as well.. so, is there a posibility to turn of the Imon IR and keep the display?

Thanks in advance!

Lots

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    is there a posibility to turn of the Imon IR and keep the display?

yes, there is. This is how you get it:

1. install the iMon software (iMedianHD not needed). This installs the display driver also
    2. start the software at least once, go to section "frontview" and see if the display works (it will show system infos, e-mail, news etc). Set your desired contras and brightness.
    3. close the iMon software (from taskbar completely), remove the windows autostart entry of it
    4. Install the cybrdisplay plugin for mediaportal, open MP Configuration, activate and configure this plugin (first choose the display driver: USB iMon etc....), hit "Test display": you will see display working
    5. Configure this plugin to your likings, enjoy

If iMon Software is not running, the IR receiver is deactivated. You can use your MS MCE one.

If you deinstall the iMon software, the drivers of the display will be missing.

It is possible to use IR Receiver through iMon and controll Display through Mediaportal but you have to set Frontview to "never" in iMon config. The display control of MP is independent of the iMon Software. You have to avoid 2 software controlling Display at the same time -> you get chinese looking letters :)

Fastsonic

Portal Member
    February 8, 2008
    Aschaffenburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I ordered the Antec Fusion Remote (Silver) Case Yesterday.

My Setup will be:

Case: Antec Fusion Remote (with Imon Remote + VSD)
    Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H
    CPU: Athlon X2 4600+EE
    RAM: 2x 1GB
    PS: 350W be quiet! Straight Power E6
    HD: Samsung HD103UJ 1TB
    BD: LG BD

Hope that this will be a better Setup as my actually Silverstone LC11m. Its not possible to put any Graphic-Card in the Silverstone Case, cause you can't plug in the PCIe Riser Card (not compatible with the PCIe Slot on microATX Boards). Also, the Silverstone Case is too loud.

I will post some pictures, when the Antec is ready.

Greetz

Andy

Fastsonic

Portal Member
    February 8, 2008
    Aschaffenburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Looks nice the "NINJA-MINI - Scythe Mini Ninja Heatpipe CPU Cooler S478/LAG775, AMD S754/939/940/AM2"

Is it possible to use the CPU Cooler without the FAN? The 2x 120mm Fans's from the Antec Case should have enough Power to cool the CPU Fan also, isn't it?

Greetz

Andy

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    yes i believe some people on here use the mini ninja without a fan (in an antec fusion case), and it doesnt really effect the temperature much.

i have the fan switched on though, as you can hardly hear anything anway (i have to put my ear next to my htpc to check that its switched on :D), so might as well be keeping the cpu that little bit cooler.

bigflause

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    yes I removed the fan and one of the case fans. overclocked my CPU to 3.2ghz and it is nice and cool. the case fan sits about 5mm from the fan anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom