Fix for bad video (1 Viewer)

KevL

Portal Pro
March 3, 2005
Cambridge, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
If you have stuttering / tearing or interlacing artefacts on video then try replacing quartz.dll from dx9c with quartz.dll from dx9b. Version you want is

Replacement must be made in safe mode.

Kev

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

There are some quite interesting posts on other HTPC forums about this issue. It seems my "jerky" video from timeshifting live TV after doing some FBW/FFW could be related to this particular bug in DX9.0c. However, I don't have this problem when using the internal MPEG2 codec...

A word of warning: you might break playback of WMVHD content if you apply this workaround. I've read on other forums that WMVHD does not work with DX9.0b. I can't tell for sure, because I'm too reluctant to try out this workaround a.t.m. Others though seem to have success with this DLL version and WMVHD.

Another interesting thing I've read on one of those forums was that M$ too reverted back to the quartz.dll from DX9.0b in the DX9 SDK (I can't verify this, though). Maybe that's why developers aren't seeing this?

Kind regards,
    Michel

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I transferred the CECRemote x86/x64 versions to the Archive, and made a new version of CECRemote for AnyCPU, and added a repository to MPE. https://github.com/andrewjswan/CECRemote/releases
    I transferred the CECRemote x86/x64 versions to the Archive, and made a new version of CECRemote for AnyCPU, and added a repository...
    I have decided to rework this post, becouse is no longer relevant. The SharpDX version is already included in MediaPortal since...
    Replies
    Views
    You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect version I ended up with.
    You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect...
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.32 Halloween Thanks to the great work of our new developer Pablik we are now able to present...
    Replies
    Views
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work. Spotify desktop app installed on same computer as you are going to use with MediaPortal Getting ready Create an app at spotify, use this link: Dashboard | Spotify for Developers, you have to login. Click...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Replies
    Views
    If the files are accessible on your network, which I guess they must be if PowerDVD can play them then you should be able to find them in MP2. See here for further info. Quote:- MP2 uses the concept of distributed media, but centralized information. This means that your media items can be anywhere - on your MP2 Server, on your MP2...
    If the files are accessible on your network, which I guess they must be if PowerDVD can play them then you should be able to find...
    I started experimenting with tuner cards and HTPC before Jack Valenti and his DRM-media Nazis ruined things with their HDCP and DRM...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 recording video DE
    VLC has a browser add-on that allows you to start a video selected in your browser in VLC, you then can use its record button. Doesn't always work though, my guess is it won't on protected vids but it is the only thing I have found other than the excellent download capability of Online Videos when available.
    VLC has a browser add-on that allows you to start a video selected in your browser in VLC, you then can use its record button...
    so really looking for an open source program that will record streams on the computer. not really found one that works well yet...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom