Fix for bad video (1 Viewer)

KevL

Portal Pro
March 3, 2005
Cambridge, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
If you have stuttering / tearing or interlacing artefacts on video then try replacing quartz.dll from dx9c with quartz.dll from dx9b. Version you want is

Replacement must be made in safe mode.

Kev

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

There are some quite interesting posts on other HTPC forums about this issue. It seems my "jerky" video from timeshifting live TV after doing some FBW/FFW could be related to this particular bug in DX9.0c. However, I don't have this problem when using the internal MPEG2 codec...

A word of warning: you might break playback of WMVHD content if you apply this workaround. I've read on other forums that WMVHD does not work with DX9.0b. I can't tell for sure, because I'm too reluctant to try out this workaround a.t.m. Others though seem to have success with this DLL version and WMVHD.

Another interesting thing I've read on one of those forums was that M$ too reverted back to the quartz.dll from DX9.0b in the DX9 SDK (I can't verify this, though). Maybe that's why developers aren't seeing this?

Kind regards,
    Michel

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    Whenever I go into the back end for Moving Pictures, it almost immediately hangs on the Movie Importer tab. If I want to go into...
    Replies
    Views
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested [2024-03-03 18:26:58,262] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: TV service found. Checking status... [2024-03-03 18:26:58,263] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: TV service is in status Running - proceeding...
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested...
    MediaPortal 1.33 Release Written by Team-MediaPortal. We have just released MediaPortal 1.33 - Springtime / 20th Anniversary...
    Replies
    Views
    You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect version I ended up with.
    You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect...
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.32 Halloween Thanks to the great work of our new developer Pablik we are now able to present...
    Replies
    Views
    @Pablik do you have commits available for IR Server, github repo already available https://github.com/MediaPortal/IR-Server-Suite
    @Pablik do you have commits available for IR Server, github repo already available https://github.com/MediaPortal/IR-Server-Suite
    I have decided to rework this post, becouse is no longer relevant. The SharpDX version is already included in MediaPortal since...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom