[Approved] Fix for stuttering/corrupted streaming of live tv (2 Viewers)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Fix for stuttering/corrupted streaming of live tv

Has anybody else noticed a slower start of live tv like me? Is this possible?

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Binaries and patch files added for 1.1.2 and 1.2.0 Alpha.

Please remember to back up the existing files before replacing them if you haven't got copies.

Thanks again for testing ;)

Hi,

there are not TvLibrary.Interfaces.xml and TVLibrary.XML in my 1.1.2 system to over write. Are these new files?

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Today i have done more complex test: same time connections to one channel from server(local) and client(remote)
    with various connection siquence and after that i starting to think something not good with start timeshifting is happens
    Best viewing results on client when timeshifting was started before connection from client.

Test patterns:
    All tests done on one channel

connect2third.rar - first i started timeshifting from tvsetup manual control, then i started timeshifting of that channel on server and remote client(unc)

connect from client.rar i started timeshifting on remote client(unc) then on server

connect from server.rar first connect on tvserver then on remote client(unc)

connect from client with streamingserver.rar first connect from remote client(streamingserver) then on server

In all cases when client timeshifting was done after anything else i getting beautiful clear tsreader log without any issues
    worstest results when connect fromclient first time to render drifting discontinuetes(connect from client.rar)
    best is connect from server.rar no any issue

I dont know what is the root of that issue but maybe it helps more knowledgeable person to identify the issue
    :D

Attachments

• connect2third.rar
      5.6 KB
    • connect from client.rar
      6.8 KB
    • connect from server.rar
      5.5 KB
    • connect from client with streamingserver.rar
      9 KB

miroslav22

Development Group Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Warwick
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Binaries and patch files added for 1.1.2 and 1.2.0 Alpha.

Please remember to back up the existing files before replacing them if you haven't got copies.

Thanks again for testing ;)

Hi,

there are not TvLibrary.Interfaces.xml and TVLibrary.XML in my 1.1.2 system to over write. Are these new files?

Hi,

Don't worry too much about the xml files, you don't actually need them.

miroslav22

Development Group Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Warwick
    Home Country
    Today i have done more complex test: same time connections to one channel from server(local) and client(remote)
    with various connection siquence and after that i starting to think something not good with start timeshifting is happens
    Best viewing results on client when timeshifting was started before connection from client.

Test patterns:
    All tests done on one channel

connect2third.rar - first i started timeshifting from tvsetup manual control, then i started timeshifting of that channel on server and remote client(unc)

connect from client.rar i started timeshifting on remote client(unc) then on server

connect from server.rar first connect on tvserver then on remote client(unc)

connect from client with streamingserver.rar first connect from remote client(streamingserver) then on server

In all cases when client timeshifting was done after anything else i getting beautiful clear tsreader log without any issues
    worstest results when connect fromclient first time to render drifting discontinuetes(connect from client.rar)
    best is connect from server.rar no any issue

I dont know what is the root of that issue but maybe it helps more knowledgeable person to identify the issue
    :D

Thanks Romuz that's a great help :D I should be able to determine what's going on from those logs.

Snader

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 5, 2007
    Aalsmeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm on single seat over here and after 2 upgrades of my video card (now a gt220 nvidia) that did not solve my stuttering... the stuttering in HD channels seems to be gone thanks to this patch (v1.1.2).

Maschine

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, I just did some short tests with your 1.1.2 binaries on my singleseat setup. Results are quite good and I didn't experience negative side results. I watched for dropped frames until the counter reached 25000 drawn frames (well, not really professional testing, but ok for first results ;)):

SD (1.1.2 default): 8 dropped frames
    SD (your version): 2 dropped frames

HD (1.1.2 default): 17 dropped frames
    HD (your version): 5 dropped frames

I'll let you know my further results during the daily tv watching ;) Thanks for your work so far!

Ponyriemen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2007
    /root/home
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Sorry if my Question is weird, but wich Version of Post#1 i have to take, if i use the 1.2.0 Alpha, just downloaded from Sourceforge? I have`nt used SVN`s, i am only using the 1.2.0 Alpha from first Date, it was released.

P.S.: And sorry for my bad english... :oops:

miroslav22

Development Group Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Warwick
    Home Country
    Hi,

The binaries for 1.2.0 Alpha are in the zip archive which is the last file in the post:

StreamingDiskIOFix-V3-Binaries (1.2.0 Alpha).zip

Ponyriemen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2007
    /root/home
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

if i take these "StreamingDiskIOFix-V3-Binaries (1.2.0 Alpha).zip", i cant get into TVServer-Konfig and from Client i cant tune a Channel, the TVService seems to be not reachable...

//edit: i am using 4TR, if that is important. And the Logs only shows "an unexpected Error occured", nothing detailed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom