[Approved] Fix for stuttering/corrupted streaming of live tv (2 Viewers)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    This patch has done a lot of good things to my TV-Server, but what really helped for me to get live tv working, was disabling EPG Grabbing while timeshifting/recording. I had a lot of these errors before, and live tv would occasionally freeze.

15-01-2011 22:56:46.277 [1444]READ FAILED1
    15-01-2011 22:56:46.317 [1608]FileReader::Read() read failed - error = -2147024832
    15-01-2011 22:56:46.318 [1608]READ FAILED2
    15-01-2011 22:56:46.344 [1444]FileReader::Read() read failed - error = -2147024832

Watching live tv right now, signal level stable at 96% and quality at 100%. 12 million ts packets transferred, and no discontinuities :)

We record almost any tv we watch, and I only saw the above error while timeshifting, not when watching recorded tv. For the same reason I haven't really bothered investigating issues for live tv being so crappy.

My point: A lot of things can be the reason for a bad tv-experience, and this patched helped for some of them (stuttering HD-TV). So a great :D to miroslaw!

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Fix for stuttering/corrupted streaming of live tv

Anybody else also noticing a stop of live tv and when you press skip forward or backward it start to run really fast until the actual pos? (sadly i've no logs atm)

Ponyriemen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2007
    /root/home
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

miroslav22: your Patch isnt working for me. If i change the Files, the TVServer-Config isnt able to open, the Clients cant see the TVService. I attached the Logs, would be nice if you could help me - my Girlfriend is going to kill me if TV ist stuttering this Way... ;)

Pony

P.S.: MultiSeat with an WHS as TVServer could not be the Reason for that, or? :mad:

miroslav22

Development Group Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Warwick
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

Which base version of MediaPortal are you using? Are you sure you've used the files for the correct version?

Would you be able to post the logs from your tvserver log folder? thanks

c:\programdata\team mediaportal\mediaportal tvserver\log\

Ponyriemen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2007
    /root/home
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

i am using 1.2.0 Alpha, without any Patches, the first released Version...

miroslav22

Development Group Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Warwick
    Home Country
    It looks like you might not have replaced all the files. Make sure you are using the archive "StreamingDiskIOFix-V3-Binaries (1.2.0 Alpha).zip " from the first post. Also make sure tvservice is stopped before you replace the files or some of them won't be copied.

In the tswriter logs, you should see new lines when you tune a channel. These arn't in your logs. They should look similar to:

DiskRecorder::Write() - Throttling to 1880 bytes
    DiskRecorder::Write() - Throttling to 3760 bytes
    DiskRecorder::Write() - Throttling to 7000 bytes
    DiskRecorder::Write() - Throttling to 16000 bytes
    DiskRecorder::Write() - Throttling to 32000 bytes (max)

Ponyriemen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2007
    /root/home
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I tested first, changing all Files, that doesnt work, so i tested to change only a few Files - that might be the Reason. But if i change all the Files, the Config isnt startable, the TVService isnt reachable from Client-Side.

miroslav22

Development Group Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Warwick
    Home Country
    Yes you cannot just replace some of the files unfortunately as the exports from the filters won't match what is expected. Could you try replacing all the files again and post new tvservice logs? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom