[FIXED] BasicHome menu editor Unhandled Exception with Ampersand character. (1 Viewer)

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
June 17, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
open menu editor
on the right click on tv and then edit/add submenu
submenu.JPG
added those above and save and closed sub menu
now try to generate menu and then the error appears

error stmp.JPG

logs attached if any help.

ok removed all submenu items i created and now one by one i have added them back, then generated the menu, doing this i have found that when i add webvideos (online videos), and go to item properties and under hyperlink parameter i select bbci player, then under category pick drama and soaps then save and close these and now try and generate the menu it throws the unhandled exception.

Seems to do this with any of the selected hyperlink parameters under the webvideos (online videos).

Infact just adding webvideos (online videos) as a submenu item on its own throws the exception when generating the menu.

Last edited by a moderator:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I will take a look tonight, can you copy paste the exception text in the dialog to a text file and attach to this thread in case I can't reproduce.

Cheers

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    just started up the editor again and got this message,
    Capture.JPG
    had to restore a backup file from yesterday and then all was good again, attached a copy of the affected file.

Attachments

• usermenuprofile.xml
      20.3 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Okay, I have identified the problem. We are not creating XML entities where required e.g. your onlinevideos category name was Drama & Soaps, we need to convert it to Drama & Soaps.

You can try edit your file manually, may need to be manually fixed on your end but I will make a fix to the editor as well.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The one you attached. Or you can try create the category again but edit the name as described.

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    ok indeed that fixes the issue, however when i try to select from the menu on the home screen i can only select the top one in the list, ie i have created bbci player, itv player, 4od and demand 5 but in the list i can only choose the top one ?
    i tried adding a few to the movies menu to test if it was a fault with online videos, and either tv or alarm or both, caused exactly the same problem and has once again broken my usermenuprofile.xml file and i have got ot restore a backup version.

just tested the plugins menu from the home screen and the popup menu their works as expected and so must be something else wrong with the way its generating the submenus ? unless i am missing something.

Added the exit to the tv submenu and it also throws the same error txt file attached.
    Also adding music does the same.

Attachments

• exit submenu.txt
      14 KB
    Last edited:

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    ah now i know why it did the above errors with exit and music. If i manually change the setting too Drama & Soaps and save and then generate the menu it works fine, but if i now load the editor up again the setting changes back to what it was originally drama & soaps and so causes the exception again.[DOUBLEPOST=1371482396][/DOUBLEPOST]ok the added submenus 4od, itv player, demand 5 with the setting Drama & Soaps shows nothing, whereas bbci player indeed does what is expected and shows the drama and soaps section fine using Drama & Soaps.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom