Fixes for Amped (1 Viewer)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I was looking at some skins recently, and noticed three problems with the Amped skin:

(1) The "Radio Guide" panel did not display correctly; it consisted of a title only, with no EPG grid or programme info.

(2) After (1) was fixed, the "Radio Guide" panel displayed with 7 rows when the 8-row setting was selected in "Settings". (The "TV Guide" panel displayed correctly with 8 rows.)

(3) There was an error message in the MP log file complaining about a missing xml file.

I have fixed these problems, and the fixed files are included in the attached zip file.

If you have noticed problems with Amped, and have modified the xml files to fix those problems, I would encourage you to package those modified files into a zip file and upload it to this thread, so that other Amped users can benefit from your changes.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Attachments

• Amped Fixes 2018-05-08.zip
      3.3 KB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    I noticed another problem with the Amped skin:

(1) In panels with variable-length lists (folders, icons, covers, etc.), if you press the INFO button on the remote control, the context menu appears (correct), but the left side menu also appears and overlays the items in the list, making the text unreadable.

(2) It also seemed to me that the handling of "fan art" backgrounds was incorrect when the INFO button was pressed, but the conditionality controlling this is complex, and a brief inspection of the logic did not reveal where the fault might reside, so this has not been fixed.

I have fixed (1), and the fixes are included in the attached zip file.

Attachments

• Amped Fixes 2018-07-20.zip
      12.3 KB

bc420

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 15, 2012
    Bring Cash
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Nice to see someone else using this skin still. I like it as I have never used it before this spring when I got new graphics card that basically is a peace! but has better clarity at this point$ anyways the only skin that works for me is amped with this graphics card and after using it for a bit I noticed the same things as you. TY. Most of my spare time on mepo is spent adjusting epg line up and channel scanning such a pain... Glad to see some of these things fixed would be great to see this skin make a come back.

MrManuzz

Portal Member
    May 26, 2013
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I am also using it. Like it very much because this seems to be one of the few skins / designers who understand that there are also people not sitting close to their computer screen but further away on their couch looking at their TV and very much wanting to be able to read their TV guide. Amped to me also understands that the most important information to display on the screen are the texts that let me select the content I want to watch. The majority of other skins fill only 25% of the screen with useful information and 75% with graphics / pictures.
    Anyway what I'd like to comment /ask, I'm using MP 1.20 and latest version of Amped. What I miss is date and time being displayed in the menu's / TV Guide. I see many screenshots show date and time at the upper right corner and weather info at the upper left corner. My version / installation doesn't display anything at the upper right and left corners. Is there any setting controlling this?

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    I see many screenshots show date and time at the upper right corner and weather info at the upper left corner.
    The Amped skin does have xml code to display the date and time in the top right corner, but for some reason it is not working. Sorry, but there is no fix available at this time.

The Amped skin also has xml code to display the weather info, but weather info is not part of the base MP product -- you need to install a plug-in/extension that will obtain the information from the internet. I think that there is an MP plug-in/extension available to do this, but I have never used it. I don't know whether it still works with Amped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom