FloppyDTV-S (FireDTV): Multiple problems watching TV (1 Viewer)

skr-home

Portal Member
March 23, 2006
Hi,

@infinityloop:

Yes, you're right. To my shame I have to admit that I forgot to exec start.bat.

KRA:

Yes, switching between channels on the same transponder doesn't work for me too, except if I'm using "Hardware PID filtering". Setting the priority to 1 doesn't change anything for me.

---

Yesterday I had a power failure at home during MP was running on my HTPC. After I booted again MP was unworkable. I was only able to see the home screen and MP mutated to a real RAM eater. About a minute after startup my HTPC was under 100% load. I had to completely uninstall MP and clean the program folder to get it up again. That was heavy.

After the clean install of RC4 and latest svn build (and exec start.bat ;-)) I now have the MPV/MPA codecs in the lists and everything is working again.

But the problem with the short stutter after switching channel is still persistent!

Regards
Sebastian

skr-home

Portal Member
March 23, 2006
In my opinion stutter a few seconds after everything was already correctly displayed will ever look ugly and indicate that something must be wrong.

In the meantime I checked the log a bit. During playback there are cronical entries like this ...

DVBGraphBase.UpdateVideoState() Viewing: True

... starting about 1 or 2 seconds after the first picture. Maybe the first time this routine gets called, the audio stream or whatever get adjusted. I can't ensure that these entries are exactly at this timestamp, but it looks so.

---

I have to correct one post of me. With the newest svn I rechecked this priority-to-1 issue. Now it works for me also. So I don't need "Hardware PID filtering" anymore.

Regards
Sebastian

skr-home

Portal Member
March 23, 2006
@infinityloop:

You wrote about other issues with the newest firmware from digital-everywhere. My problem that the FireDTV remote is using the same codes like my AV receiver seems to also one.

The problem is not a permanent one. If I don't touch any remote some time when watching tv and then adjust the volume with the remote of my receiver, sometimes the channel get also switched. It looks like the built-in IR-receiver sometimes is interpreting also foreign codes. This is definately not a software problem because it occurs using RC Tool with MyTheatre in the same way as using MP without RC Tool. I will try to find out the codes that the remote of my av receiver is sending.

Maybe you have a good contact to the developers from digital-everywhere. I also wrote this to their support today.

Regards
Sebastian

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    skr-home said:
    My problem that the FireDTV remote is using the same codes like my AV receiver seems to also one.
    that is not related to the firmware.
    the remote of your AV receiver and the FireDTV remote are simply sending on the same IR-frequence.
    as far as i know you can nothing do to change that. Because you would need to modify the remote (and this can not be done by a firmware) and then the software to understand the new commands.

skr-home

Portal Member
    March 23, 2006
    In case of a permanent situation i would say the same and at first this was also what i suspected.

But the strange thing is that it only occurs after the IR receiver was idle for some time. In action this never happens. So the codes must be different. If it would be, my av receiver should also react to the FireDTV remote. After several tests i can say that it doesn't at all.

In the newest girder i saw some month ago that i can check every code from every remote to do some comparing. At the moment i haven
    t installed it, but i will do some explicit checks later.

Anything new about the log entries when my stutter problem occurs?

Regards
    Sebastian

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    skr-home said:
    But the strange thing is that it only occurs after the IR receiver was idle for some time. In action this never happens. So the codes must be different. If it would be, my av receiver should also react to the FireDTV remote. After several tests i can say that it doesn't at all.
    :shock: this is realy weird. if your AV is reacting to the firedtv remote, it is sending a signal the AV knows.
    but the remote must/should sens always the same signals.

skr-home

Portal Member
    March 23, 2006
    Yesterday i checked my remotes using winlirc and a standard serial ir-receiver. All my remotes incl. FireDTV Remote send clear codes and winlirc was able to learn, except the remote of my andersson r1 av-receiver. Maybe it is just unusable with winlirc, but the strange thing is that it looks like it always sends different codes on same buttons. I don't know what special kind of remote it is! At all only the builtin ir-receiver in FloppyDTV is reacting on this remote falsely. All my other components with ir-receiver (TV, etc.) do not. Also my Cyberlink HID ir-receiver (for my HTPC) doesn't let to mislead by this remote. Now i have disabled the FireDTV Remote support within MP and switched back to Cyberlink's one to get rid of my problem.

By the way, do you know if there is / will be native support for Cyberlink's HID remote within MP? At the moment i have activated "MCE remote" in MP and using the good old girder to get it working. I hate to have thousands of single tools behind to get a well functioning environment.

---

Yesterday i discovered that my stutter problem also occurs when recording tv live and sheduled. The short stutter really gets recorded in the mpeg file. I checked this outside of MP with windows media player and can realize the stutter also. In dvd or normal file playback i don't have something like that. Because of this, i think this can't be problem relating to my environment (switching audio mode on av-receiver, etc.).

Regards
    Sebastian

skr-home

Portal Member
    March 23, 2006
    audio/video out of sync:
    Since some days i always had another well known problem that audio/video got out of sync after about 5 minutes watching a few tv channels. Then i found a trick in one topic to get it solved by changing the Audio Renderer within MySettings when MP is already running. Changing Audio Renderer to DirectSound: "My Device" solved it also for me.

It seems that this could be a bug because for DVD and Videos i never had such problems with Default Direct Sound Device set as Audio Renderer. Further it should be changable within normal MP setup in future.

Regards
    Sebastian

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom